Vancouver Area Riders

C4cycle

Canada, 'All of it', is a big place. 2nd largest country (square area wise) in the World, if I'm not mistaken. As I see there are no local forums for riders to plan rides together, meetup or just make their presence known (and stay in touch), I thought this post might serve well as ground zero for Vancouver area V4 junkies. Let's ride!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Always up for riding.... It has been awhile since I have been to Duffy.......I will check the calendar at home tonight....here was Mt Baker almost a month ago :wheel:

IMG 0412

20140705 122615

mid week isnt always easy to arrange a longer loop..

Langley here

Indeed. Weekends are not usually part of my lot, but here and there.

Cool guys. I'll look you up when I go out for a rip.

• Member Contributer

Hello C4. Every time you take the ferry to HSB, you are going around my home: Bowen Island. Because of a spine problem, I am only up for short rides this year. But in previous years, I've signed up for much longer trips, some of them with V-Fore. He is an excellent riding partner!

D-hip, man too bad about your back, but ya for sure I would enjoy small rides with you! So V-fore is a respectable fellow then, I'll take your word on that ;). B in touch...

• Member Contributer

I don't know about him being a respectable fellow…. but a good riding partner? Definitely!!! :laughing6-hehe:

j/k, he is a great guy.

Speaking of which, Digitallyhip too is a great riding guy and also a respectable guy. There are a few more of this type, but I'll let them chime in.

Welcome btw, from Burnaby.

C

• Member Contributer

Gary (V-Fore) has the ability to pack EVERYTHING known to be useful on a VFR and in a campsite on his amazing 21 year old bike.

But nobody has suggested respectable. :)

Polarbear is very kind, and has the perfect VFR: 2003 Italian Red.

• Member Contributer

I live in Vancouver and would be happy to do some weekday riding with a fellow VFR owner. Feel free to contact me here if you want. I've been all over the western US and all the good stuff in BC if you need a guide :)

Good to see a little interest in our kneck of the woods, be nice to gain a little insight into our mighty viffer on some rides with you all (cuz, like i said, havent had mine long). Always better in a pack! Also, I'm trying to figure out how to embedd a simple document that anyone can edit for planning rides, especially quick ones. A place to just say 'I'm planning a rip to Squamish, who's in?' type of thing. It would make this post a little more useful to us that way.

Dustin, I will contact you. Sounds good.

I didn't have time to grab a ferry yesterday, so I just took a ride from Roberts Creek to Egmont. Wow! Nice ride, nice lines, some quality twisties, plenty of room to let it out. I'll try to give a heads up next time in case anyone wants to pop over for a rip. We could extend across the next ferry maybe and time willing or an extra day grab the next ferry to Van Isle and make it a loop.

BTW, I saw someone on a white VFR turning the corner in Sechelt (while I was gassing up at the Petro). Anyone on here?

VFR rider from North Vancouver here. Hit me up sometime! :)

I am over on Vancouver Island..... Don't get over to the main land very often, but if I do I will try and set something up. If you are ever on the Island just drop me a line and we can go for a scoot. I am in Campbell River, and we have one of the best roads 10 min from my door, #8 on the best roads in the rides book I believe?

For those that can ride weekdays, there may be a loop day ride (unconfirmed where) on tuesday 12th. I am hoping to be in, Dustin threw down the offer. The more the merrier!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

VFR rider from North Vancouver here. Hit me up sometime! :)

I am over on Vancouver Island..... Don't get over to the main land very often, but if I do I will try and set something up. If you are ever on the Island just drop me a line and we can go for a scoot. I am in Campbell River, and we have one of the best roads 10 min from my door, #8 on the best roads in the rides book I believe?

Here for rides when and where I can. I was just over in Campbell River on the weekend of Aug 7,8,9, and 10. Left on the 11th and headed south to Central Saanich. I was at that Firefighter's Funeral. Sad it was. He was a great man.

Sure do miss Campbell River. Lived there from 80 - 89. You have to be talking about Hwy 28 up to Gold River.

• Member Contributer

Why not the Thasis Hwy? All you need is a sports jock to add to your armour. I will keep you in mind next time I come up that way.

• Member Contributer

Ex-Vancouver, myself. STRONGLY recommend the Destination Highways book. It'll give you ideas and goals!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to this forum and thought here is as good as any to introduce myself.

I live in the Vancity area and I'm allows up to ride. I have a 1st gen and a couple of Sabres -

Not familiar with all the best routes; still looking for more.

• Member Contributer

Hello 45 and welcome!!

You will fi d the collective whisfomaround here very impressive and there are lots of kind people.

Now, you CANNOT just claim to own first gens and not post pics of those babies!!

• Member Contributer

Ya, guys. Think he is a fraud artist. Then again, he does have it in his avatar so I guess we can give him some marks for that. You can never be too careful. Next thing he will be saying you can buy water proof motorcycle suits at the local shop. Pfft!

Welcom to the site 45! I used to commute every day from Chilliwack into Surrey on the bike, year round but have retired from that silly past time called employment. Still keep my bike insured year round though so a winter ride is not out of the question. I won't knowingly go out for a ride in the snow though. But I have been caught in it. Kinda makes you rectal muscles cramp up at times if you catch my drift.

Archived