Need A Pc5 Map For 02-05 W/99 Catless Header

klrtovfr

I just picked up a Power Commander V. If anyone has the following mods especially for the catless header could you please send or upload your map, I would greatly appreciate it. I only see them posted for 06-09.

2002-2005 6th gen

99 catless headers

fully gutted stock mufflers with 1.5" rear exit holes

BMC Air Filter

DEsnorkeled/flapper

removed pair Valves/Evap Canister

Stock Velocity Stacks tall rear, short front

Edited by klrtovfr

I have uploaded a map you can try from my 04 file name vfr800doin

It is a PC3 map but can load to PCV as I now use a PCV, it was dyno map.

I use Motad headers so close to same as catless 99

All my other mods are same except my mufflers are LEO

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I hate to thread jack but a question for folks running a PCV on 02-05's - How hard was it to make that combination work?

I have an 02 with PC3 and would like to try a PCV but, supposedly, they only work with 06-09 models.

Havent got mine hooked up yet but it will work. I think you were mislead as they work on 02-09 and possibly on 5th gens as well. They usually come with a map designed for an 06-09 but you can load an 02-05 map on there. 06-09 can use the map for each gear as that is the way it is from the factory but I am unsure if it works on 02 yet.

PCV will work fine on any vtec, power commander don't list it for models under 09 because that was PCV release date. I have a PCV on my 04 (originally had PC3) you can even use the PC3 map which is compatible with the PCV. The maps however aren't backwards compatible you can't use a PCV map on a PC3. So in other words if you want to try the PC3 maps made for the 02-05 you can as they will load onto the PCV.

• Member Contributer

I just installed my PCV last week on my 02 and its great, no issues for the 02-05's even though Dynojet doesn't "officially" support them. I used member GPM's fuel map as he ran a similar stock setup to myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Cozyes map felt exactly like stock powerwise but quite a bit smoother. Tinyminds map is ridiculous at vtec engagement, makes me lose concentration. However, coasting at 7200rpm then to wot it feels like a lot more torque compared to stock/cozyes. I get a lot of backfiring on downshifts with tinyminds also. I definitely need to get it tuned hopefully after my next track day.