Nasty Crash. Not Me

JimGregory

Riding home at about 9:15 PM. Quite dark. Overcast skies I think. Riding down a highway connector leading to another highway. At the cut off for the Merrit Parkway was a big cruiser. Indian maybe, couldnt tell. It was upside down leaning on a big lamp post. Down the road a bit was a big bloody mess of a guy lying in the road sleeping I think. No gear at all. T shirt and shorts and sneakers. There was 2 cars stopped and traffic was just starting to back up. Some lady was trying to talk to him but he was unresponsive. I shut the bike key off and started to gather his tank bag and wallet and papers and car keys. Shit was everywhere in the road, and annoyed drivers were just about to start running it over. Damn near ran ME over the bastards. I gave the wallet to the woman attending him. She got the licence out and he woke up. He seemed responsive enough but wild eyed. I think one eye was bulged out. The other was bloody. He could feel his feet etc but was told NO MOVING. Said his head hurt. I bet it did. I hope he buys some gear if he ever gets on a bike again. Or walks again. Or survives the night. He was a freaking bloody mess.I was very pleased when he woke.

Have to admit it shook me.

Wow! You did a good thing ? a few weeks ago I was on my way to work & saw a small cruiser on the shoulder & found the rider up ahead walking with a backpack, helmet & hard hat (construction worker) I pulled over to ask if he needed a ride somewhere & if he was ok. He said his bike just died in the middle of i10 getting over for i610 & a car mirror hit the back of his left arm brusing & scrapping him pretty good but just continued ? Nothing like what you experianced but still an eye opener

well, good thing you and others stopped buy to help the poor guy,

when I had my accident last summer on my V-Strom, while I was as badly injured as you're describing, but no one, and I mean absolutely NO ONE stopped for me (even though it was around rush hour and lots of cars passing by). even the woman in the SUV who hit me (she crossed a stop sign and T-boned me) didn't even get out of her until police patrol came in after I got on my feet and called the police myself. Jesus, even then she was pissed off and yelling at me in front of the cop blaming that its totally my fault (she said I was going too fast and came out of nowhere, ...bla bla bla) that she crossed the stop sign and hit me while i'm riding in my own lane well below the speed limit. Even the cop was laughing at the bullshit she was saying.

However, Insurance found she was 100% at fault and fixed my bike at the dealership :cheerleader:

Yes I once went down at a busy intersection when a gasoline truck spilled gas all over the hot road. I went through the light at about 40mph and went down instantly and had no idea why. Old Moto Guzzi LAPD smashed to shit on the curbs. Me road rashed all to hell. Laying on the road bleeding. Light changed. Cars went around me.

Gotta love it.

The first guy to stop for this guy was a biker in a pickup and his tattooed lady. She was the one helping him out. Have not found a news report on it yet.

• Member Contributer

On the way home from Coronado to Imperial Beach one afternoon I went across the hood of an Oldsmobuick that turned left in front of me.

Smashed my knee against the front fender and cut the inside of my right thigh as I rolled across the hood ornament.

A guy on an XL350 stopped to help me up and gather a few things that hit the road. The little old lady in the giant car rolled up her window and locked the door. Then someone asked if I was OK and pointed at the large tear in my jeans and the blood from high inside the thigh area....

I dropped trou and made a quick inventory...reported to all that I was indeed Okay! Cool scar though.

If she had rolled up her windows and locked her doors at this point that would have been expected. :goofy:

Archived