6Th Gen Staintune Install

RC51Nick

• Member Contributer

I just picked up a used 25th annivl. model and was wondering if anyone with a 6th gen and Staintune can help me out with the install I'm doing. I bought a nice used Staintune system but don't have the replacement bolt that staintune sends that allows the midpipe to bolt up to the R/S rear bolt hole in the passenger peg. Is the replacement bolt that comes with the Staintune system just a longer bolt to replace the rear footpeg bolt? (I am assuming it is a stainless cap screw bolt with an allen head along with washers/bushings and nuts) Also when I took off the stock (gutted) gutted system the staintune downpipe looks too small to slip over the exhaust gasket. I've done a little research and I've read both ways of the pipe slipping over the gasket or not using the gasket and just having the clamp seal the exhaust. I know to use high temp RVT on the muffler inlets to prevent rattling and to seal everything under the seat.

Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my recent Staintune story for the same bike you have. If you have the version that cracked on me, beware. According to the folks in AU, it's a common issue, and I get the feeling that if you keep the bike long enough with that version, you may be sending a largw box to AU at some point.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/77857-staintune-removal-tips/

Archived