Nude Or Clear Tank Protector Bra?

I have a regular black tank protector but looking to go nude with protection... want to show more tank skin....any ideas?

Maybe something like a clear vinyl wrap... show me what you got or recommend!

Or has anyone tried http://thetankslapper.biz/osc/index.php?osCsid=b77b85d9ed6ff61d5dcedd0767186ddf ?

post-30875-0-58671500-1406126431.jpg

I initially had the sam bra as you... they are horrible. I would remove that ASAP. IMHO they do more damage than good as dirt and debris gets under there and will scratch the tank just as bad if not worse than naked. I replaced it with the 3M tankslappers... which were much better, however, if you do... don't put on the film directly towards your nuts... just go right and left. The back one will start to peel at the the edges. You have to be carefull with the tankslappers in wet/moist conditions as well as in the heat of the sun.

...basically go naked, turn your belt buckle to the right or left of your hip.

post-6375-0-09164100-1406128393.jpg

• Member Contributer

I went with a clear tank pad for the center, and the clear TechSpec pads for the sides. The TechSpec pads do double duty giving your legs more grip on the tank. More control of the bike, and better feel. They really do work. I do wish they were a bit more clear, but def better than a bra or even the black tank pads/ grips. You can get them on their eBay store and are pre cut to fit the VFR tanks. the same kit fits the 5th and 6th gens I believe.

Those black vinlyl bras are soooo 90's.

You don't really need such to protect your tank. A well designed tank protector that you stick on the tank works just as good, and look tons better those bras..... and if you still want to protect your tank knee cutouts, it will be a good excuse to try out those tank gripper pads that you also stick on....

Here's my post-bra solution to protecting my tank.

Picture111.jpg

A large enough stick-on tank pad (Pro-Grip) + my "self purposed" knee tank grippers (they are actually stick-on rubber car bumper strips made the the Japanese company "Fizz") that keeps my pants from further rubbing at the paint at the knee cutouts. They also work very well for locking on the knees to the tank when I hang off....

• Member Contributer

I've had great results with an adhesive tank protector strip to stop damage from zips and belt buckles, plus some clear film along the knee area. Sorry about the non-VFR image!

post-22267-0-23986000-1406147739.jpg

I had a Second Look Tank skin on my bike for years. Red color match was good and it served me well for a long time but like someone mentioned above tank bras are so 90s. Tried the 3M clear protective covers but didn't really like the look or feel. Eventually went with some proper tank pads. Protection in the right place and lots of grip for my legs on the tank. I forgot the brand but can dig it up if you are interested.

IMG 0116

• Member Contributer

I had a Mag-Knight. Looks great, but a bit pricey and takes some time with hair dryer to heat-adjust to fit. It's also the ONLY thing nobody wanted when I parted out the crashed bike. Ended up just throwing it away... The tank close-up is post-crash, and would normally be better-fitting.

post-8780-0-64006300-1406163536.jpg

post-8780-0-80236700-1406164087.jpg

GP Paul: Is that a "color matched" Mag-Knight tank protector on your silver 5th gen VFR 800?

I'm curious because their web site says they're only available color matched on the 6th gen and up.

That silver bullet was a beautiful bike. :sad: Your new steed is pretty awesome too!

• Member Contributer

Thanks, Maniac.

If "colour-matched" means "to factory paint code" or something, you could always go with black, but I bet the red would be close over the years. Mine is shown as delivered; no additional painting.

Thanks Jim... it's a genuine Honda accessories - OEM tank pad for ST1300

Part #: 08P61-MCS-100... found it on fleabay... kinda expensive but what motorcycle accessory isn't overpriced these days :pissed:

$(KGrHqMOKi0E12+kpszzBNk43oFsPg~~_12.JPG

Best of all.... features Honda imprinted logo.... yipee :tongue2:

more pics can be found here... http://www.ozvfr.net/showthread.php?4495-Potential-Vfr800-owner-from-Brissy&s=253db0493db0f916cf9e1c3f6b0d5877

• Member Contributer

Tech spec clear tank pads- The same kit fits both the 5th and 6th gen VFRs. They could be a bit more clear but I like the look over black pads, or a colored bra. They also give your legs more grip on the tank, making it easier to move around on the bike, lock your legs on during heavy braking, and use your knees as leverage.

post-24302-0-68663200-1407178608.jpg

Archived