Shoei Replacement Cheek Pads

SEBSPEED

Earlier this year, I bought a size Large Shoei RF1100.

I was very happy with the way it fit my head, with one exception - the cheek area. Every time I put the helmet on, I felt like I just left grandma's house and was making chipmunks the world over envious.

It was the one thing that was keeping me from retiring my stinky, worn, oh-so-comfy and beloved Icon Legion Mainframe lid.

After reading a few positive reviews, I decided to take a leap and spend a few bucks on one of the handful of OEM replacement cheek pads that Shoei offers. I ordreed the thinnest pads available, 31mm vs the standard issue.

I installed them yesterday and am very happy to report that my stinky old Icon will now be relegated to the display shelf. The Shoei fits really, really well now. Definitely recommend the swap, if you were on the fence, go for it!

There are thicker versions available as well, if you have the opposite issue.

• Member Contributer

Seb, I found the same thing on my Shoei , the stock pads were cheek squeezers. Got the 31mm pad and now fits great.

• Member Contributer

My RF-1000 was way past needing to be replaced as the cheek pads and lining were pretty well shot. I picked up some thicker cheek pads and the helmet feels new again. Bought me some time before I have to buy another one.

• Member Contributer

I've never had a an X-series Shoei, but my 2 RFs both required thinner than stock cheek pads. The Neotec was fine with the stock pads though a bit tight on break-in. The more interesting thing is the RFs were both large. The Neotec is a medium.

For comparison Arais don't fit me at all.

I was hoping they would break in quickly, but I haven't been riding anywhere near as much as I'd like to.

$40, problem solved. Easier than losing weight, Ian ;-)

• Member Contributer

I've lost a lot of weight recently and found my RF1000 to be too loose. I was at the dealer trying on a GT Air. Loved it, but can't bring myself to spend $650! :wacko: Bought thicker cheek pads for the RF instead. All is right with the world again! :cool:

I've lost a lot of weight recently and found my RF1000 to be too loose. I was at the dealer trying on a GT Air. Loved it, but can't bring myself to spend $650! :wacko: Bought thicker cheek pads for the RF instead. All is right with the world again! :cool:

Good for you!

• 3 months later...

Archived