Since Real Men Don't Stop And Ask For Directions...

I'd be lost without my Garmin....

post-30875-0-75849000-1405830401.jpg

Garmin Montana 650 (w/ City Navigator) + Ram-mount = :tour:

It's secure, waterproof, easily removable, uses 3 NiMh AA's and nicely back-lit for night time riding.

post-30875-0-25167100-1405830622.jpg

Connected to 2 tank bolts with RAM Mount Composite Short Double Socket Arm f/1" Ball - RAP-B-201U-A

It's more versatile and a helluva lot cheaper than the single purpose Zumo

Thats pretty slick. I just got the steering stem mount RAM ball and a phone holder designed for an ATV. It works well enough but since it turns with the bars its a little weird navigating in the city. Have to make sure I lock my screen orientation too haha

• 2 weeks later...

When I tried to mount a RAM mount to the gas tank bolts on my 6th gen, it would hit the tank. Any clearance issues here?

• Member Contributer

I thought the gas tanks and bolts were the same from 5th to 6th? I have the RAM mount on the tank bolts on my '99 and there's no clearance issues at all. I use a Nuvi 750 and it works great, just have to remember that it isn't waterproof.

When I tried to mount a RAM mount to the gas tank bolts on my 6th gen, it would hit the tank. Any clearance issues here?

I have it mounted like that on my 6th gen '08. It is tight but doesn't hit. I work in Manassas if I can be of any help or you want to take a look at mine sometime

• Member Contributer

I use an extension arm, perhaps 4" or 6"? When looking at the dash my 550 just blocks the idiot lights.

• Member Contributer

I use an extension arm, perhaps 4" or 6"? When looking at the dash my 550 just blocks the idiot lights.

Exactly. Here's a pic on a 6th gen.

Accessories pic 2

Exactly. Here's a pic on a 6th gen.

What brand/type is that voltage monitor?

• Member Contributer

The digital unit is a lascar emv 1200 and the light is a signal dynamics heads up voltage monitor

Archived