Apparently The 5Th Gen Muffler Fits On The 8Th Gen

adg44

So this should be good news for us, giving us more choices for aftermarket mufflers. Right now there is already an Akrapovic and a Remus option for the 8th gen. I think it's time one of us tries fitting this on the 5th gen. It obviously should work for us since it works the other way around.

Honda_VFR_800_Akrapovic_Exhaust_Scarico.

I don't know why Remus decided to put this horrible sticker with an even more horrible name on their muffler:

HONDA-VFR-800_Okami.jpg

- Anthony

• Member Contributer

I'd like to see a high mount version put on, maybe get to show off that rear wheel a little better.

• Member Contributer

To heck with the muffler, I want one of those wheels. Wonder if the 5 lug hub will match up with the 5th gen? Any one looked into that as an option?

• Member Contributer

To heck with the muffler, I want one of those wheels. Wonder if the 5 lug hub will match up with the 5th gen? Any one looked into that as an option?

I'm sure it will --- if you are willing to do a full delink of the brakes, i.e. new calipers/forks up front, buy the axle/rear brake caliper/master cylinder and all the rear gear - yeah then you could pull it off. ---- Lotsa work, lotsa bucks. :cool:

I recently bought this used Akrapovic for a 5th Gen for a friend here. Maybe good for comparison purposes. Sounds great too, BTW - Titanium usually does!

motostore_cyubu-img600x400-1399022689o8y

Archived