New 2014 Came Home Today!

Sixbeans

Hi Folks: thought I'd post pics of my new 2014. Just a few miles on the clock, but so far it is a SWEET ride. Sold a gen-6 to buy this one, and am very happy. Fit, finish, ride, sound feel are all superb. I know there are those who question the need/value if this model, and that's fine. For this fellow, its excellent, and I couldn't be happier. The matching bags are super, and so easy to take on/off. All good!

Best to all, and ride safely!

Sixbeans

post-25698-0-91602900-1405645879.jpg

post-25698-0-39710400-1405645908.jpg

Like Bailey said, you already have too many motorcycles in your garage, that white one probably won't fit so you should send it across the country to my house that way whenever you fly to Seattle it will be waiting for you . . . you might need new tires, but hey, I can't board it for free.

• Member Contributer

Sex never looked so good............

Congratulations!

• Member Contributer

Congratulations! Looks great. I, for one, am thrilled Honda decided to keep developing the 800. If I had the money and the room ... (Granny used to say: "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride." :goofy: )

Sex never looked so good............

Congratulations!

Dutchy, what happened to your avatar? Did you forget to pay the electric bill? :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Hello Belfry,

It is the online equivalent of the half mast Dutch flag in front of our house.

I am not directly impacted, but as a nation, we are.

Back on topic.

• Member Contributer

Hello Belfry,

It is the online equivalent of the half mast Dutch flag in front of our house.

I am not directly impacted, but as a nation, we are.

Back on topic.

192 Dutch souls lost. Very sorry.

Hope you are up at 6am for a therapeutic ride today.

• Member Contributer

You bet!

Just returned from my 2 hour pre-breakfadt bicycle run, taking the VFR out before it gets too hot (34celcius today which is very unusual)

What is not unusual is what made our species rise to the top of the evolutionary ladder. The uncanny ability to develop tools and means to kill other and our own species. Covered up with a coating of ideologic or religeous excuse.

But for those on the receiving end it makes no difference in harm if the source is christian, muslim or judaism. Russian, American or Dutch..... We too have history not to be proud of...

I am proud though to be a member of the VFRD community, where wr can share the joy of an owner of a new owner of a new white VFR800. :-)

I'm jealous, but my red one's on it's way. :cheerleader:

I ordered my red one end of may, still waiting. When did you order yours!! and did the dealer say when it would arrive. The wait is killing me, although i am on a rig in the north sea and couldnt collect it anyway. :wacko:

very cool - i like the white makes it stand out -!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- can you please describe the differences between the 6th gen(that i hated overall especially for that kind of money was the real issue it should have been way more refined) and the new one????

my 6th gen always had an off idle stumble- the vtech really was crap- on the road after 30mph - 80mph was smooth- i never could top it out - it would never pull redline in 6th gear-but in traffic and under 20 mph it would require clutch use in slow situations--it seemed to get hot also in traffic- but it was well balanced and stability was great-- really i wish i could just put my old motor in that bike----- yes i bought the bike new --

i have an 86 vfr700 and off idle it goes -pulls smooth to redline- and is nice on the road- the only thing i wish it had was the new brakes wheels tires of that 6th gen other then that i like the old one better-- and the gear drivin cams -- just cool sounding--

please tell us the ride THANKS

Archived