Back In The Saddle Again!

Just picked up a cherry 99' VFR800fi with 6800 virgin miles and a couple goodies, new VFRness stator / regulator, Remus exhaust, Michelin SP3's etc.

Let go of my 95' VFR750 back in 2000 for a BlackBird then a R1 - what was I thinking???

post-30875-0-03129300-1405479149.jpg

I'm happy to be back in the saddle enjoying the sweet VFR music again :-) and she's a keeper this time!

post-30875-0-92780600-1405480195.jpg

OMG what happened to all my dark hair? lol

post-30875-0-26319500-1405480163.jpg

The inspection guy thought she was new... ain't she pretty for 15 years old?!

• Member Contributer

First off, Welcome Aboard! Secondly, congrats and welcome back to the VFR club. Sweet looking ride, very clean and with a high mount exhaust too!

• Member Contributer

Welcome back to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

As long as you are happy with a smaller NACA................ :goofy:

• Member Contributer

"OMG what happened to all my dark hair? lol"

That's what comes of riding non VFRs for 14 years. I'm sure it'll all come back in no time.

Sweet ride, man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Welcome back to the asylum. Still as crazy as always, perhaps even crazier now that you've returned. Nice bike; best gen, fastest color.

Weclome Abroad!

aside from having the fastest color (Red), the only thing i'm envying on ur VFR compared to mine, is the crystal clear OEM windscreen, mine is so yellow it seems that the PO's been pissing on it everyday for the past 14 years!! :D

First, I'd like to thank everyone for the warm welcome back :tour:

Truly enjoying the Viffer!

Some minor improvements planned....

- stock headlight brightness is just alright, ordered Osram Nite breakers

- Ram mount Garmin Montana GPS install (pics to follow)

- new Emgo mirrors, not a fan of the condoms lol

- ZG Dark Smoke SR Series windscreen (the dash plastic shows minor melting in top left corner WTF?)

The wealth of information in this site is truly wonderful and my work productivity is going way down :unsure:

(the dash plastic shows minor melting in top left corner WTF??

I have the same issue......wonder if there's not something that runs hot inside the instrument panel......failing bulb, perhaps? When my R/R was going out, it was allowing voltage spikes of 20+ VDC & burning headlight bulbs. I suppose the same thing was happening to the instrument bulbs, too because 3 of the 5 were burned out.

I thought perhaps the bike was left in direct sun and clear windscreen didn't protect panel?

It doesn't appear the bike with only 6k miles had electrical gremlins but anything is possible.

Time, more than miles, seems to be the telling indicator of electrical issues with this bike. Search "The Drill" & conduct a thorough exam of your bike.

Archived