Eighth Gen Modathon (Round One)

house

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hi AussieFox.

I have attached a PDF which shows details of fairing removal. The removal of the upper cowl (Page 2-9) seems to require you to remove the middle cowl first which is the black center piece around the headlights. I haven't done what you are trying to do so I can't offer any other assistance, hope the info provided helps.

Cheers.

Grum

VFR_Cowl001.pdf

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I have just completed 600 miles on my new VFR8OO.The cold start idle is around 2400rpm.Whe fully warm the engine idles at1550 rpm.This seems a little high and may need sorting at first service.Is this normal ?All info greatfully accepted.!

My 5th gen Tach reads 300rpm high at all times, so when set to the 1300rpm norm is very lumpy. Only found this out when using PC3 connected to laptop ! which explained it. new bikes are no more accurate unless you get it checked.

• Member Contributer

I think the 8th gen ECU is located differently then the 6th gen... I believe I saw that in an earlier 8th gen thread.

...might be some fitment issues with the RapidBike wiring harness... I'm sure the smart folks here or at DimSport can figure a way around it ;)

Hey Rush, the Fuel Modules, don't connect to the bikes ECU, only to the fuel Injector harness, not likely to have moved &/or the ignition & O2 sensor if RBR unit.

• Member Contributer

Lets cut to the chase here and call a spade a spade. The 2014 vfr800 sounds like shite compared to the earlier non vtec models, even with a muffler on it.! I'm a little disappointed with mine in this regard even after fitting an Arrow Pro-Racing Muffler. Its's OK when higher in the rev range { ie running on four valves } but at idle and above it sounds pretty Lame ! It's a shame, because I remember my old VFR750 sounding pretty punk all the way through rev range. Come on Honda, Stop building bland and Stir the Soul a bit ! A great Bike , But could have been much better with a bit more Passion thrown in ! :491:

Yeah, soul is what Honda lost when Soichiro died, like all expanded corporations, they lose their soul to be replaced by bean counters & rich gits in suits, where its just an income, with NO passion. Some probably have never ridden a bike, because Honda is NOW a CAR company :( Shame really when the likes of Ducati at least for now are still full of passion, but will fall foul the same now they are owned by a car company.

Kawasaki on the other hand, whilst a tiny part of a massive organization, have managed the H2R, & many innovative & stylish bikes, where as Honda has definitely lost its way. Shame really.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/10/2016 at 1:44 AM, Rsparky said:

Man, so much good info lost. Any chance e could get the pics restored or uploaded again? 

If you click the broken image, the pics still load.  Not sure how to get them showing back in the original post, but I will see if I can get it working again

OK, I fixed all mine :)

Archived