Brake Bleed

rigger4343

Hey Guys. I was going to bleed the brakes on my 06' since I am sure they have probably never been done. I was reading a write up on here about doing it and it looks like a pretty good article.

I have an air powered brake bleeder that I have used on trailer brakes before. I was going to give it a try on my VFR. Do you guys have good look using a big vacuum bleeder like this on the VFR ? I thought it would make it a bit easier to do.

i did mine not too long ago using a mighty vac and the service manual. mine is non-abs and wasnt too bad of a job...just a lot of going back and forth between front and rear and sides. ive never seen so many bleed screws on a motorcycle before!

for the top bleed screw on the rear caliper and for the junction block under the seat, i found that you must depress the rear pedal a little to help the fluid flow. if you dont, the fluid takes forever to come out under suction.

also, if your system currently does not have any air in the system and you simply want to trade old fluid for new, you DO NOT need to remove the calipers as suggested in the fsm. you can leave them mounted and just keep an eye on the reserviors as you drain the fluid so the system stays air free.

one small bottle of fluid was the perfect amount. let me know if you want any help, id be happy to assist.

I don't have any air in the system that I can feel, just want to get fresh fluid in the system. Mine is also a Non-ABS bike.

If you want to assist with it, that would be fine with me. Would be really cool to hang out with another VFR rider.

Archived