Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

why oh why oh why did I order the transmission rebuild for my truck instead of coming to this board a few hours ago?

DAMMIT.

Return it !!!

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ordered from the states to Canada. I'd be paying over 150 bucks in return shipping and border costs.

I have a question that might lead to a quicker confirmation of order. I own a 5th gen, what kind of tray does this need under the seat? we talkin a complete removal and reskin with aluminum shielding? or does the exhaust come with some form of undertray a la a full kit for the conversion? I missed that in the 13 pages of this topic.

If I didn't need to pay to have an undertray fabbed up (I am bloody handy with a wrench but have no access to a weldor or fab equipment) it'd speed up my ability to purchase. Do TBR cans need to be repacked?

• Member Contributer

TBR cans do need to be repacked. FJ, these pipes can work also for the 6th gens, but either need a custom downpipe to match or as we've asked for, for TBR to make the mount point the same as a stock setup so we can use standard slip ons on the 5th gens and also easily adapt for 6th and 8th gens.

• Member Contributer

Slim, the original TBR's were a custom full setup for the 5th gens. The exit pipe of the header is not in the same spot as the stock 5th gen. A stock 5th gen header will fit a 6th gen, and assume the eighth also. SO, if TBR just remakes their original setup, each gen will need to makeup a custom mid pipe to mate to another slip on for their gen. We're hoping TBR will recreate these but make the header exit location this time the same as the stock for the reasons above. Hope this helps to clarify.

that is not the answer to the question I asked, sadly.

my question was whether or not the former TBR system was a full high mount, or a full undertail. I realize that full high mount systems are not far off from an undertail besides the subframe modification and midpipe direction/length, however, so I'd still be interested, since it seems that the final specs are a little bit up in the air.

Some googling of images has since told me it is not an undertail. which is too bad. I am still interested as taking a high mount and getting a different pipe made up for under the subframe is the least of the worries during an undertail conversion. Unfortunately, my finances are very tumultuous right now, and I am not putting my name on the list until I have the ability to pay for it, I don't believe in vapourware orders.

• Member Contributer

une9ana7.jpg

There you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motad headers. Bought them from huntingguns last year.

For clarity, the recent photos under discussion were not 2bros system, the owner stated what they were. The TBR system potentially available for the VFR800 is not ala carte.. it is the 5th gen system that we have asked TBR to re-release. TBR never made a 6th gen full system. We have reached out to them because we are looking for VFR800 performance exhaust options. The headers provide increased performance and also fit the 6th gen and therefore should fit the 8th gen too... A full TBR system is a low mount 5th gen. Anything other than a 5th gen low mount application will require additional work on the owner's part, whether it is a high mount or under tail. If you want the improved performance of the header and a different muffler mount I suggest you look at the header kit, not the full system (see first post for pricing). If you want a high mount 5th gen you could get the full system to get the discounted muffler and have a custom mid-pipe made.

The members here who are looking for improved exhaust performance have signed on for potentially purchasing from TBR. If we get enough interested buyers we could ask TBR to alter their design to give a stock location and discharge angle of the header. Right now we asking for those who are seriously interested and willing to purchase to step up and add their name to the list.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
For clarity, the recent photos under discussion were not 2bros system, the owner stated what they were. The TBR system potentially available for the VFR800 is not ala carte.. it is the 5th gen system that we have asked TBR to re-release. TBR never made a 6th gen full system. We have reached out to them because we are looking for VFR800 performance exhaust options. The headers provide increased performance and also fit the 6th gen and therefore should fit the 8th gen too... A full TBR system is a low mount 5th gen. Anything other than a 5th gen low mount application will require additional work on the owner's part, whether it is a high mount or under tail. If you want the improved performance of the header and a different muffler mount I suggest you look at the header kit, not the full system (see first post for pricing). If you want a high mount 5th gen you could get the full system to get the discounted muffler and have a custom mid-pipe made.

The members here who are looking for improved exhaust performance have signed on for potentially purchasing from TBR. If we get enough interested buyers we could ask TBR to alter their design to give a stock location and discharge angle of the header. Right now we asking for those who are seriously interested and willing to purchase to step up and add their name to the list.

They also made a high mount 5th gen full system, which one are they offering to re-release?

AFAIK, the low mount system did have an OEM angled header exit, it was the high mount system header that was modified with different exit angles from the OEM header.

Yeah I have a sixth gen, but I'm just saying because my two brothers header has a non stock exit location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

AFAIK, the low mount system did have an OEM angled header exit, it was the high mount system header that was modified with different exit angles from the OEM header.

I don't know if what you are saying is indeed true, but it would be odd for them to fabricate two different exhaust headers because of muffler location when the difference could be accomodated by the mid-pipe... especially on a low volume sale like the VFR800

Thank you very much Rush!

You're quite welcome!

So, are you interested in the headers? Shall we add you to the list?

I cannot afford to go buy them outright today and as such I cannot in good conscience add my name to the list. Once my front end swap is done (RC51 here we come!) then I will look to toss away the cash for these into the bank.

• Member Contributer

I don't know if what you are saying is indeed true, but it would be odd for them to fabricate two different exhaust headers because of muffler location when the difference could be accomodated by the mid-pipe... especially on a low volume sale like the VFR800

I could be wrong, it's been a lot of years, so don't quote me on that.

• Member Contributer

At this point I will add my name to list, but I'm thinking this isn't going to happen any time soon if at all. Thanks to kostritzer for the link. May be the best option for not only my 5th gen, but the 4th I bought from him as well.

Thanks Rush, but 100 systems is a mighty tall order. Like they say in the construction business bid high....

that is not the answer to the question I asked, sadly.

my question was whether or not the former TBR system was a full high mount, or a full undertail. I realize that full high mount systems are not far off from an undertail besides the subframe modification and midpipe direction/length, however, so I'd still be interested, since it seems that the final specs are a little bit up in the air.

Some googling of images has since told me it is not an undertail. which is too bad. I am still interested as taking a high mount and getting a different pipe made up for under the subframe is the least of the worries during an undertail conversion. Unfortunately, my finances are very tumultuous right now, and I am not putting my name on the list until I have the ability to pay for it, I don't believe in vapourware orders.

The only off-the-shelf underseat exhausts ever made for VFRs were the Wolf Racing systems, for 4th Gen and 5th Gen, and they were a slip-on only i.e. the original header system was not changed.

Any underseat system you see that is not Wolf, is custom.

TBR headers are a full system.

• Member Contributer

LOL

Man, I don't really need it, but I haven't bought anything for the bike in quite a while.

Yeah man, I'm in. What the heck. Header and midpipe.

:wink:

BTW, my '99 CA spec bike made 93 rwhp with the TBros header. The new 49-state motor feels like it's making a bunch more but all up top for sure.

Real world, around town, I don't see a benefit to having an extra 6 hp all over 9K, I go to that space so infrequently. But it's there if needed. And they're stainless so they'll hold up better.

I like the idea of calling Erion though...

This has been my thought process behind not installing my TBR system yet (and having to fab a mid pipe for the Wolf system to mate up) but I am extremely excited by the dyno chart posted around page five or so it shows stock torque exceeds 50 ft lbs at roughly 6800 rpm and stays above 50 ft lbs (with a peak of 53.3) up to about 9500 rpm.

The TBR unit actually clears 50 ft lbs around 6500 rpm and above 50 all the way up to 10,250 or so. With the peak torque being roughly equivalent.

I traded some emails to Rod at Hiperform.

He says he is more than happy to make a run for us. he needs a faired VFR in so-cal to do his fabwork, but then he will have jigs made to continue building kits for us if need be.

I flashed him a price tag of ~600 per header, and he didn't bat an eye about saying he could do 35-6mm primaries and long stepped equal length collectors, ect along with making more than one if I dinged one up, or crashed one. This could in fact, be our ticket into the big leagues.

Who is in socal with a VFR and who is with me? ;)

THIS especially interested me. because he's 110 percent correct.

collectorW.jpg

This is a place that most production exhaust systems for the Hawk do not spend much time on and it is where a lot of power is made.

Our a merge collector has the best angles and knife edge inside for high efficiency scavenging from right and left sides. This is where most of the power is made!
The picture is also threaded for O2 sensor that is an option that is available for an extra cost.
Collectors and Y's should be elongated and smooth like that. this is especially important on our bikes, because we essentially have 3 collectors. and if you flub them up, you lose potential power.
ltpipe.jpg
Example of his Vtwin pipe. hole ee crap that's nice. I personally think this is our guy.
ltpipert.jpg
Uhhh yep.
SO. SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, THIS IS YOUR CALLOUT :)

well firstly how many pre-orders does he want? and since this is clearly a performance oriented group buy, would he be willing to dyno the prototype so we have some numbers? I realize if he's doing a setup with the same/similar primaries as/to TBR, the power gain should be similar, but it's still something people will likely want to see.

well #1 He's willing to do one offs.

#2, I hope he does. but the donor bike will need to have a fuel controller if you wanna see a dyno worth a shit.

#3, results may always vary.

• Member Contributer

Voided...might want to make sure that our SoCal Saviour who drops their fully faired bike off for fitment has a center-stand as this area is tricky to negotiate with the exhaust on a V4 and most here will want to make sure you can keep the center-stand on street bikes.

• Member Contributer

This has been my thought process behind not installing my TBR system yet (and having to fab a mid pipe for the Wolf system to mate up) but I am extremely excited by the dyno chart posted around page five or so it shows stock torque exceeds 50 ft lbs at roughly 6800 rpm and stays above 50 ft lbs (with a peak of 53.3) up to about 9500 rpm.

The TBR unit actually clears 50 ft lbs around 6500 rpm and above 50 all the way up to 10,250 or so. With the peak torque being roughly equivalent.

It is better on the top end, smoother throughout. I like the second chart more with the mapped PC2, almost makes me want to pay the $ to have mine mapped.

Archived