Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Has anyone checked with Larry ? There was a guy that made his for RC45, using some special parts from Akrapovic, so either he or Larry might have a lead or be able to make these. Just a thought.

I'll happily donate my 5G bike for a couple months for Larry to make them, he's just down the road. But he's not a high volume shop and I'd expect to pay $1K+ for a custom SS set of his making.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

At least it's honest.

That it is... that it is

They were given the specs and were even provided with a 10 header pre-sale commitment.. and they still said no...

I am about to purchase a TIG welder and teach myself the art of exhaust welding...

I am finding that it more costly to source a mandrel bender....

Eastwood hydraulic mandrel bender (link below), I already have a bigger Harbor Freight one... ~$800 for that and a MIG welder, a little more for a TIG, If I had more time I'd go that route in a heartbeat, not sure what my learning curve would be for welding and tubing fabrication...

... could be years before I have something functional :goofy:

Although, if I had started down that route from the beginning I might be pretty good by now!

http://www.eastwood.com/professional-tubing-bender.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hey someone send these guys an email. I just bought a clutch slave cylinder from them and its a work of art. They build full race exhausts for hondas etc. Didn't see any VFours, but its worth a shot.

Looks pricey though :unsure:

http://japan.webike.net/bm/brd/Complete+exhaust+systems/TSR/1002/791/

• Member Contributer

Hey someone send these guys an email. I just bought a clutch slave cylinder from them and its a work of art. They build full race exhausts for hondas etc. Didn't see any VFours, but its worth a shot.

Looks pricey though :unsure:

http://japan.webike.net/bm/brd/Complete+exhaust+systems/TSR/1002/791/

Done, I emailed them the same message I sent Staintune... although, the website looks more like a store front than a manufacturer, we will see what they say. Fingers crossed...

Thanks CRRC!

PS: further investigating and they do carry Ladybird Ti exhaust for the RC45 ... they are retailers

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, I follow Delkevic on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Delkevic) and they've announced they're starting work on Ti systems, although they haven't specified which models they're going to make. Perhaps put the question to them?

(edited to include more detail)

Want hurt .

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, I follow Delkevic on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Delkevic) and they've announced they're starting work on Ti systems, although they haven't specified which models they're going to make. Perhaps put the question to them?

Want hurt .

Delkevic ain't interested in making performance headers for the VFR, already tried... buy what they offer or pound sand...

Unless they've broadened their horizons after our inquiry... gave them all the specs; maybe we'll see a Ti VFR800 version offered based on our requested features...

... one can only hope :rolleyes:

Ah, I didn't flip through all 91 pages of this thread. Who knows if they branch into Ti they might be interested in doing a run if the concrete demand is there with cash in hand... And if their fit and finish has improved a bit.

ffs man

• Member Contributer

Ah, I didn't flip through all 91 pages of this thread. Who knows if they branch into Ti they might be interested in doing a run if the concrete demand is there with cash in hand... And if their fit and finish has improved a bit.

No worries, Mate... I probably didn't spell out all the details on those communications. I was working through an exhaust fabricator who also sold other manufacturers exhausts since I couldn't get a response directly from the company through emails; he contacted them and they expressed no interest at that time to pick up our project...

Where is Delkevic headquartered? I'm going to check back through my emails but it may have been Motad that I'm referring to and not Delkevic...

NOTE: I confirmed it was Motad

I spoke with Delkevic Representatives in person at last years AIM Expo in Orlando. They had zero interest in doing anything other than a factory reproduction header. So unless something dramatically changed with their management, I don't see anything coming out of Delkevic.

• Member Contributer

Delkevic is actually a UK company, not an American one. Perhaps shooting an email through to their UK branch would yeild a more favourable result, though it may be more expensive.

Delkevic had been contacted by a VFRD member in July of this year and their R&D do not feel the project would happen due to changing the equipment over at the factory for the header configuration and piping requests would be too time consuming for the small quantity of headers to be run.

• Member Contributer

What we have to understand is that Delkevic, as far as I am aware, do not make their own stuff.

They design it and shop it out to manufacturers in China

Hence the high cost in jobbing changeovers.

RUSH2112, I sent your above post #887 to a company in Queensland, Australia, called (hope this is appropriate) Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals and this was there response

Those tube sizings are fine, just need a bike here to discuss a plan and then make a set and a jig from initially,

Cheers Peter,

:cheerleader::cheerleader:

so now the problem is that i am in melbourne, victoria, and we need a member from the sunshine state to donate thier bike :wacko:

So did anyone follow up on this?

• Member Contributer

RUSH2112, I sent your above post #887 to a company in Queensland, Australia, called (hope this is appropriate) Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals and this was there response

Those tube sizings are fine, just need a bike here to discuss a plan and then make a set and a jig from initially,

Cheers Peter,

:cheerleader::cheerleader:

so now the problem is that i am in melbourne, victoria, and we need a member from the sunshine state to donate thier bike :wacko:

So did anyone follow up on this?

No info available on technical ability, build quality, fit/finish of their work, or pricing... I won't contact an unknown on behalf of 25 VFRD members and hope they make something good. Shipping costs from a small shop in Australia to the U.S. may be a deal breaker and drive the total cost too high; most people on the list are in the US.

If we can see some examples of his work and have someone local check it out that would be a start.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I would be willing to pay $6000 USD (~$8600 AUD) for the first 10 headers ...
I'm awaiting Staintune's response.

I'm such an idiot... I composed an email and offered Tyga $6000 for the first 10 headers right at the same time Staintune declined to see if that might help move the project along and I got sidetracked and it stayed in my Draft folder for months until I spotted it this morning and sent it in to Tyga. See below.

"Hi Paul,

I hope you and the Tyga team are doing well. I realize you're very busy with other customers and projects. I don't know if this would help get our project started but I would be willing to pay $6000 USD (~220,000 Thai Baht) for the first 10 headers if you can build them to the specs I included in the original email, i.e. stock Honda RC45 tubing dimensions in VFR800 configuration w/ O2 bungs and center stand stop. There are 25+ buyers committed and I'm willing to cover the cost for the first 10, the next 15+ could buy direct from you or we could work out an distribution arrangement. Please let me know if this prospect has potential.

Highest regards"

Tyga was working on improving their exhaust fabricating capabilities with a new tubing bender... maybe this unplanned delay was serendipitous ???

• Member Contributer

We shall see I guess. I'm still in for two sets if this ever actually happens. Thanks for the continued pursuit of performance for our aging bikes.

• Member Contributer

I'm in if it ever happens.

Done, added to list in post #1

Me too. :-)

I added you then realized you were already on the list :)

• Member Contributer

Tyga has expressed interest in starting our VFR800 performance headers in early 2016. See new thread dedicated to this topic...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/82473-tyga-vfr800-headers/

Archived