Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could they do any additions like O2 bungs (at least 2 or possibly 4)? I currently have a 98-99 header on my 2001 and had it ceramic coated. I thought about doing a PCV at one point with the autotune after everything was done, but can't without the bungs. The Rapid Bike deal is going on now too, but without the bungs, it seems like you won't get the full benefit.

It's not a big deal to have bungs welded into your exhaust. Cycle Pro is going to weld mine in when my Rapid Bike Racing Comes in.

As long as it isn't already ceramic coated, or you have to do that whole process again.............and I guess the Two Brothers wouldn't be ceramic coated, so no issues.

• Member Contributer

RRM, Yours is a slip on only, intended to bolt to the factory Honda head pipes.

The original TBR full system was sold as a matched pair, with the mid pipe designed to fit the NON-factory headers, therefore your newer (slip on) mid pipe would not fit the older TBR headers, different outlet orientation on the older headers.

Bummer...thank you for pointing that out. I really like how it looks (and performs) even with the cat header. It looks like I will have to consider the 98-99 header ceramic coated or a Delkavic or some other header. Cheers, R.

post-29072-0-61511600-1405000516.jpg

post-29072-0-25056200-1405000529.jpg

It's not a big deal to have bungs welded into your exhaust. Cycle Pro is going to weld mine in when my Rapid Bike Racing Comes in.

As long as it isn't already ceramic coated, or you have to do that whole process again.............and I guess the Two Brothers wouldn't be ceramic coated, so no issues.

Mine is ceramic coated... Ugh well we'll see how they want to handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original TBR full system was sold as a matched pair, with the mid pipe designed to fit the NON-factory headers, therefore your newer (slip on) mid pipe would not fit the older TBR headers, different outlet orientation on the older headers.

Bummer...thank you for pointing that out. I really like how it looks (and performs) even with the cat header. It looks like I will have to consider the 98-99 header ceramic coated or a Delkavic or some other header. Cheers, R.

attachicon.gifVFR1.JPG

attachicon.gifVFR2.JPG

If you look up a few posts at my video, that is a fifth gen two brothers header fitted to a sixth gen two brothers slip on. It was pretty straight forward. The diameter wad right but the orientation was slightly off. I just cut both the mid pipe and the slip on, towards the header side and reangled them and welded them together.

Fit the 8th gen ?

I have heard that the fifth and 8th gen exhausts are 100% interchangeable.

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gifVFR1.JPG

attachicon.gifVFR2.JPG

If you look up a few posts at my video, that is a fifth gen two brothers header fitted to a sixth gen two brothers slip on. It was pretty straight forward. The diameter wad right but the orientation was slightly off. I just cut both the mid pipe and the slip on, towards the header side and reangled them and welded them together.

Fit the 8th gen ?

Mite help if Two Brothers know this .

Pretty sure the 8th gen is gonna be hit.

Mine is ceramic coated... Ugh well we'll see how they want to handle it.

Keep us posted on that. If it isn't a huge mess, I might have mine done and be interested in the Rapid Bike too.

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gifVFR1.JPG

attachicon.gifVFR2.JPG

Fit the 8th gen ?

Mite help if Two Brothers know this .

Pretty sure the 8th gen is gonna be hit.

I made TBR aware that 5th gen after market exhausts have already been installed on 2014 VFR800. Their position is "The 1998-2001 header has not been tested by us on the 02-09 or the new 2014 model."

We know what fits and how... this is a CYA response. If this re-release comes to be than hopefully some of our California brethren who purchase can swing by TBR in Santa Ana to show them the header installed on a 6th or 8th gen VFR800 so they can support the models.

This morning's updated list:

1.Rush2112 - Full w/ CF muffler please!

2.JDMBird83

3.HighSideNZ - Headers

4.mspence82 - Headers + (6th gen single muffler, black series, with a matched midpipe to the header)

5.RRM - Headers

6-9.CornerCarver - 4 sets, 1 with alloy can, 1 with carbon can and 2 sets of headers only

10.aokman

11.jim v

• Member Contributer

If you're interested you could still use your slip-on with the TBR header if you use a custom mid-pipe like CandyRed....

So akrapovic is already making a slip on for the 8th gens available in the Honda accessory catalog. Let's make contact with them also, let them know that there is a huge demand for a full system! It will be on the pricey side, but let's be honest, akrapovic make the absolute hands down best exhausts.

• Member Contributer

If this is for mild steel, count me out.

I am sending my TBR system off to jet hot coating in Charlotte for a complete coat before I powder coat my frame this winter so I have an original that could be used if someone wants to set up a jig and produce this item in stainless (or titanium).

Greg from TBR confirmed all stainless steel tubing to be used in the construction of these exhausts...

• Member Contributer

So akrapovic is already making a slip on for the 8th gens available in the Honda accessory catalog. Let's make contact with them also, let them know that there is a huge demand for a full system! It will be on the pricey side, but let's be honest, akrapovic make the absolute hands down best exhausts.

On the pricey side!!?? What do you consider $900 for the TBR? Chump change? :beer:

I am a poor engineering student and I have to make a lot of sacrifices to save up for all of my mods, but with that being said, yes $900 for a full system is chump change. I paid $830 for my 10 year old two brothers full system, Then I spent a weekend pulling out the dents and adapting it to my 6th gen slip-on. Then I had to spend another $160 to have it ceramic coated. So yes I would have gladly spent $900, to have just bolted on a cherry, brand new full system.

• Member Contributer

I'd be in if they can include a 6th gen compatible mid pipe, or adaptor to mate up with other slip ons for the 6th gen..

Dave. (Want to keep my 'tunes)

Or offer a proper dual exhaust fitment for the 6th gen. I never cared for the stash setup.

Here's a counter offer to TBR. Make the headers in stainless, which I understand is the proposition. Further, fabricate an adaptor pipe to allow either 5. 6th or 8th gens to allow any slipon setup to work. :-)

I'm pretty sure that 2bros has no intention of doing any of this, that all they will do is just rerelease the old fifth gen full system.

• Member Contributer

I'd be in if they can include a 6th gen compatible mid pipe, or adaptor to mate up with other slip ons for the 6th gen..

Dave. (Want to keep my 'tunes)

Or offer a proper dual exhaust fitment for the 6th gen. I never cared for the stash setup.

Here's a counter offer to TBR. Make the headers in stainless (they are, read post #43), which I understand is the proposition . Further, fabricate an adaptor pipe to allow either 5. 6th or 8th gens to allow any slipon setup to work. :-)

It is a re-release of a performance exhaust system for '98-2001 VFR800 based on the RC45 architecture... if you want real performance exhaust headers for your 6th gen, and not just a catless stock replacement, then buy the headers and have a mid pipe fabbed to fit your existing slip-on.

The single TBR muffler on the 6th gen is for performance and the stash pipe was made to balance it visually... if splitting the exhaust stream in two under the seat would have given performance gains TBR would split the exhaust...

• Member Contributer

I received confirmation and additional info/pricing for the headers. I updated the first post to include the info. Excerpt from email today from TBR:

"...the order would need to be for 100 sets in order for us to make them again. Now that can be split between headers & midpipes & hardware AND complete systems. But the Header & Midpipe & Hardware set cannot be split. They are $599.98 for that package. The tubing will be made from stainless steel as well..."

We now have the opportunity to buy brand new from TBR the exhaust headers that provide proven performance gains on the VFR800s. If you want to retain your existing slip-on than use the cash saved to have a mid-pipe made. If you have a 6th gen this system always needed a custom mid-pipe to work, so there is no change...

... except that now we have the opportunity to get it NIB instead of fishing auction sites for years and paying more for a used set-up!

If your interested in either the headers ($600) or full system ($800 w/ aluminum can, $900 for CF can) post up so we can get a count and try to get these dream parts available again...

• Member Contributer

We now have the opportunity to buy brand new from TBR the exhaust headers that provide proven performance gains on the VFR800s.

Do you have some documentation or links that show the performance gains?

Archived