Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

OK so does anyone know how many VFR800 engines Honda has produced ?

There's still 5200 registered in the UK https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/honda_vfr_800_f SORN = registered, but not currently licensed for road use. As in parked in a garage or shed somewhere.

So world wide there must be 100's of thousands, so if we say 100k then if 1% were to buy a replacement, then that's 10k systems ! best of all its still a current model :)

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

OK so does anyone know how many VFR800 engines Honda has produced ?

There's still 5200 registered in the UK https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/honda_vfr_800_f SORN = registered, but not currently licensed for road use. As in parked in a garage or shed somewhere.

So world wide there must be 100's of thousands, so if we say 100k then if 1% were to buy a replacement, then that's 10k systems ! best of all its still a current model :)

You are preaching to the choir, Mohawk... I agree wholeheartedly!!!

I presented the same argument to TBR, Erion, and Tyga... Tyga at least has agreed to evaluate the idea. Unfortunately, there is a large demographic of VFR800 owners who don't think like you or I... spending $600 - $900 for a performance exhaust system doesn't have value to those owners. There is nothing wrong with that, they are happy with their bike's power output and don't feel a need or desire to change it.

Here on this forum we've had over 44,000 views (granted, probably half those views are mine) and 21 people commit to purchasing headers in 8 months... and I think that is great, but still not a tidal wave of support for the project. There are somewhere around 17,000 members to VFRD and if 1% were to commit to buy we would be at 170 units not 21... well, not all own 800's, but hopefully you get my point.

TBR & Erion didn't stop making the headers because they wore out the jigs... at the time, it just wasn't worth it for them as a company to use their resources for producing them anymore...

I think that there are those VFR800 owners that are interested in performance and we need to demonstrate the purchasing power we possess.

• Member Contributer

Originally, TBR were talking of wanting to make 100 units if I remember correctly.

That is an understandable quantity as they want to tool up and product I run.

My understanding is that Tyga are a bit more bespoke.

Some of the pipes they make must be quite small runs and if so we are probably going to be looking at a higher cost per unit.

I suppose all we can do is ask and see what they come back with, but if we were looking at a unit price in the 800-900 bracket, I'd still be interested as there is nothing else available and the Motad's are pretty poor in construction.

Phil

• Member Contributer

And to add to the point the headers will fit 8th Gen's too.
I'm at if Tyra comes out with an art work header for our VFR
it's a gotta have. I'm in.... Mbe 2.

• Member Contributer

Shall I add you to the list?

• Member Contributer

I'm in for 1, but mbe 2.

• Member Contributer

I'm in for 1, but mbe 2.

Added to post #1... Thanks for your patience and stepping up to supporting the effort... :beer:

• Member Contributer

At this rate, count me in for one too.

:)

Are you climbing onboard the Tyga train? I can't tell if your joking or serious... let me know and I'll add you to the list if you want.

SO.

I don't know why I didn't think about this guy before now. I read up on his stuff he did to the GSF1250/GSX1250FA Bandit platform, I should've done this sooner.

I emailed Dale Walker of Holeshot Performance today about maybe bending us a real header.

he seems like a real upright guy. His place is out in Nevada, so I imagine we've got some vifferheads out that way, or close enough in cali to drop one off for a few weeks to get the jigs set, ect?

It's probably gonna be a pricey header, but honestly, I'm so fucking sick of going slow I'm ready to Drop a grand on a header.

1250_header01.jpg

Dale's Bandit 1250 holeshot header.

• Member Contributer

SO....

It's probably gonna be a pricey header, but honestly, I'm so fucking sick of going slow I'm ready to Drop a grand on a header.

LOL, that is why I decided to drop a pile on suspension instead. Now I don't have to wait, cuz I can't afford it right now anyway.

dale used to do V-4 exhausts back in the day. Not sure what he's offering now, but I believe he's moved on.

Initially, he was selling rebadged Hindle exhausts, but I believe he moved his production in house at some point.

• Member Contributer

The VF1000R list was talking to him about 15 months ago about an R header but it didn't go anywhere, he needed a clean bike at his place to even consider mocking something up.

Welp kinda joking kinda maybe serious. I don't want to sound like another one of the million on the fence members, because I do already have one of the super rare 2bro full systems, but it is like 15 years and it is less than perfect. I did finally graduate and land a great engineering job and I am in a spot where I could spoil my bike a little, so if a 6th gen full system gets made to higher spec than mine I probably wouldn't mind eventially upgrading and selling mine at a reasonable price to recoup sometime in the future. I'm just not in a major need/want for one at the moment.

• Member Contributer

VFRCapn: That's just it though. there's 20x more 6th gens on the road, than good examples of VF1000R's

I wasn't making a point, just stating a fact for reference. The R list did dig up a volunteer who was just an hour away, had a Hindle 4-1 and Oem 4-2 exhaust and was willing to leave his bike with Dale. And it still couldn't get done. It can't hurt to ask though, all he can say is no.

And while you're talking to him, ask about that 1KR header. :warranty:

• Member Contributer

Emailed Tyga today:

"Hi Paul,

I hope you, Matt, and everyone at Tyga are doing well, had enjoyable holidays, and had a productive racing "off-season". I'm reaching back out to you on behalf of the 17,000 or so members of the VFR Discussion forum (VFRD) regarding the production of performance exhaust headers and step kits. When we last corresponded in December I had suggested revisiting the request in March due to Tyga's time constraints and existing projects ... how time flies!
Have you & Matt had time to think about performance headers and parts for our VFR800s? If you recall, we do have a member not too far away who had agreed to bring his bike by Tyga to help in this endeavor. The VFR800s are great machines that would only be made better with Tyga Performance parts. We currently have 23 members that have committed to buy the performance headers, 6 members committed to purchase the 6th gen step kits, and if the 5th gen step kits are made available 6 more members are interested in those rear sets.
Please let me know your thoughts and thank you for your time and consideration of our performance part needs"
Hope this is the start of something wonderful...

• Member Contributer

Received email from Tyga today. The relevant part to exhaust headers project:

"Thanks for the reminder. We are still really busy with other projects concerning exhausts but we could make the rear sets soon."

... the remainder of the email info is included in the rear set thread.

As I stated earlier, I believe they are testing the market for VFR800 performance parts with the rear sets first because by basing it on their existing designs it takes relatively little R&D, and it will give them some info on the potential interest and market for exhaust sales before they commit time and resources into its development.

• Member Contributer

Count me in for a full system.

One full system for me as well 5th Gen

Done & Done

Archived