Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Anyone know where we currently sit on this buy yet? I'm really itching to get rid of my CAT...

I pinged the Hiperform builder today so we'll see where he's at in all of this shortly, I hope

• Member Contributer

Any word from Hiperform or Delkevic?

Nope! Not sure what's up. I sent a few emails but all went unanswered. Nothing in spam folder the last time I checked...

I just pitched a new email sell to a new company. TYGA.

Why did I do that?

take a look at their RC30 exhaust, .... for 800 dollars, with the muffler....

exps-0012a-49deebb1.jpg

I'm certain they could do the RC46 justice. true justice.

"Good Morning Tyga Performance.

I hope this email finds you and yours well. I am mailing you on behalf of myself, and about 25 other VFR800 riders, dedicated to finding a source of race ready, quality headers for our bikes.
I already see that your company has put together systems for the VFR400/RC30 bikes, and the setup, is not very much unlike the VFR800's, the merges are different, because of the difference in cranks (180* vs 360* in the RC30/35/45 bikes)
What I am interested in is seeing if you could produce a header.
36-7 mm inner diameter primaries with as close to equal lengths as can be done, a 42 mm set of collectors to a 48mm discharge to midpipe.
HRC used 38mm ID on their race trim RC45. and the RC46's heads, ect are remarkably, the same. valves, you name it. So the potencial for near RC45 race power is there. It'll take cams, and other race trim work, but with the right boltons much more is available, power wise.
Two bro's did this in 1998, with their own setup, so the collector didn't merge into a stock location, it worked awesomely well, and made gobs of power, even on the Non-vtec equipped bikes, but they stopped producing it after a short few years, and you have to wait years and get lucky to find one these days used. if you ever do find one. I have specs on the stock header, pics, specs on the two bro's, and pics, I believe I have specs and pics on the even more rare Erion Racing VFR header, as well as some common things the forum guys requested on the header, itself. This is more touching base than anything, but if you're willing to hear us out, we can plug you into all the info you need, and probably have a board member close to you for fabrication/dyno/tuning purposes if you want to seroiusly move forward. Our members are fully prepared to pay 700 a header, plus, probably extra for a matched up midpipe, to possibly one or a pair of either highly shortened (10 inches or so) oval silencers, or the maggot series silencers underneath of the tail section. The difference is this: the 2003-2009 Vtec bikes make 98-100 hp at the wheel showroom condition. with a set of mufflers, and a few tweaks to the airbox, they make around 103, 105 or so with the fueling taken care of via Power Commander.
CandyRedRC46 however has the header, a rapidbike2 programmer that handles timing, fueling, rev limits, and quickshift capabilities, and has his bike optimized for 93octane ignition wise, some R6 stacks in his airbox, with a massaged set of throttle bodies to get rid of some casting marks, an air filter, and the smog equipment ripped off, and it makes around 118 horsepower. That's not accounting for a real dyno tune as he hasn't dyno tuned the fueling yet either. That's a 1/4 mile difference of 127 mph, vs 118 stock.
The real truth to this however, is the engine in this bike, the frame, even the exhaust work is all interchangable. a stock exit 1998 VFR header fits from 98 to 2009 VFR's. Verified. and the new 2014 VFR as well. Uncannily the old exhausts from 1998 model VFR's bolt right up to the 2014's as well. which means the header is pretty much, the same damn header. you could make a full setup for 15 years and hundreds of thousands of bikes on one jig basically. different midpipe, but honestly. :)
This is the Vtec's general tail setup, you can see how useful the other can is in the exhaust route, it's very nearly blocked because of the angles under the tail. The stock crossover is much the same way. You can cover the lefthand can with your hand, and the bike doesn't even get quieter. you cover the righthand can, with the direct route from the midpipe, and the whole bike quiets down, because it's having to get around the restriction in the crossover. the crossover is pretty much useless. haha.
This is a picture of the 2014 VFR With an aftermarket muffler.
http://images.delkevic.co.uk/product2190_3.jpg
This is a picture of the 1998 VFR with the SAME aftermarket muffler and midpipe bolted up.
Any reply of ideas, or interest on your company's behalf would be greatly appreciated.
Very Respectfully,
HN Michael C Spence (CST)
USN, Naval Hospital, Camp Lejeune, NC."

• Member Contributer

If you want to take a look at some real art, have a look at the pipes TYGA made for the NR750

http://tyga-performance.com/site/index.php?cPath=73_528

If they could/would be interested in doing something from the VFR, I think we would could do a lot worse.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for contacting Tyga... I have heard of them before.

Perhaps a litlle TMI for a first contact email... and I'm sure the CandyRedRC46 reference will get lost in the translation ;)

Hopefully, we'll hear back.... please keep is posted.

• Member Contributer

^^^ +1

Thanks Voided... checked out their website and it looks like a great find... welds and finish looks fantastic!!! I don't care if it is from Thailand anymore... U.S. companies had first chance to step up and they didn't... can't complain where it is from if the price and quality is there.

... hopefully, shipping won't be a deal breaker

• Member Contributer

RC30 left side exhaust exit was for faster and easier rear tire changed?

Yes, plus with the head design and rear head down tubes coming down the right side you get better high rpm exhaust gas flow by not having the pipes do a 180 to come out on the right... RC45 is the same way

... although, interestingly the later RC45s campaigned in the endurance events had conventional swingarms with dual exhausts... one on each side. I think the front heads came out on the right and the rear head still exits on the left. You would think if the SSSA and left exit exhaust was an advantage for tire changing the endurance guys would have kept it...

CR46, I am noting this bike runs SO RICH

when I crack pipes, lol... I can smell the fuel getting past the cat.

fully warmed up even!... maybe it's the lack of a PAIR system?

but we've had a few 60 degree nights, and holy sweet mother of tapdancing jesus does the frontend get light when it's cold out.

• Member Contributer

CR46, I am noting this bike runs SO RICH

when I crack pipes, lol... I can smell the fuel getting past the cat.

fully warmed up even!... maybe it's the lack of a PAIR system?

but we've had a few 60 degree nights, and holy sweet mother of tapdancing jesus does the frontend get light when it's cold out.

Gotta love that cold air charge!!!

My engine runs much stronger in cool weather... that might also help reduce some of the richness your seeing in your fuel mixture

"

tyga@tyga-performance.com
5:41 AM (48 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to matt, me
cleardot.gif

Hi Michael

Many thanks for your details and interesting email regarding exhausts for the VFR800. This is something we would be interested in. My business partner will be away on business until later next week so allow us some time to look into further.

I will be in touch to see how we can move this forward.

Best regards

Paul"

well. THAT guy responded.

it's not a result, yet.

and rush:

I think that's exactly what's going on. rich, safe, but losing power on the red hot days, it gets closer to the magic 13 and wakes up as soon as the air dips around 70*F

I'm in camp lejeune and it's usually 90* though. and my bike hasn't been running chilly lately either.

• Member Contributer

"

tyga@tyga-performance.com
5:41 AM (48 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to matt, me
cleardot.gif

Hi Michael

Many thanks for your details and interesting email regarding exhausts for the VFR800. This is something we would be interested in. My business partner will be away on business until later next week so allow us some time to look into further.

I will be in touch to see how we can move this forward.

Best regards

Paul"

Well, that's a promising response... hopefully, they will continue with their enthusiasm :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

I'm cautiously optimistic... we have seen these start conversations start then sputter...

Any idea where this guy is working from? U.S. rep? Asia?

Archived