Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

Delkevic is looking to be the next best thing for the exhaust manufacturing, I was going to pick up one of their headers just because its cheap and doesnt have the catalyst but if there interested in doing a performance header for cheap then Ill wait for that

Also what is the difference between the 98-01 and 02-09 delkevic headers? Seems they should just make it say 98-09 since the dimensions are the same for the engine layout

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Voided, I say reach out them with our specs, O2 bungs, and center stand stop and see what they come back with... let them know we have 20 people or so ready to buy. We have reached out and communicated with all the entities in good faith and we haven't had any commit to making our headers. I say we continue to investigate potential collaborators in this project...

@Voided... I vote you be our point of contact for Delkevic. Looks like center stand stop and O2 bungs are standard with them so that's a good start... Let us know if you need any help wordsmithing a request to Delkevic or any other specs/details.

Keep us informed. Thanks...

I'd rather stay away from Delkevic, but if they can make a QUALITY manifold, I'd lean that direction. My friend that bought my old 94 VFR just got it started up after attempting to repair from my brother crashing it, and I was kinda bummed at how much better it sounded with the TBR exhaust on it. Although, I looked a bit closer, and it looks like it might have been a full exhaust including the manifold. I really want to know how much different they would sound if both had performance exhaust manifolds on them.

I'm in the same boat. Delkevic would have to really step up their game for me to be on board with that. The alignment of my 5th gen slip on from them is pretty piss poor. I could just imagine the alignment issues with 4 pipes instead of 1.

post-30833-0-28217100-1409308974.jpg

• Member Contributer

Have a Dekevic SS hanging on my garage wall - bought it about 4-5 yrs ago. After spending a couple of hours trying to get it to fit (BTW,the stock system goes right on), I fired the bike up only to hear exhaust leaks from every cylinder. The front header pipes were 1/2" out of alignment and the rears wouldn't fit into their spigots without some help. That's why it's on the garage wall!

I do have one of their SS long oval slip-ons (the connector pipe's fit to the stock header had to be enlarged for it to "slip on"). I called to complain but got the "cold shoulder" treatment. But the muffler does look good, sounds good without being obnoxious.

Just thought you all would like to know.

Mac Morgan

• Member Contributer

Are you going to r6 velocity stack and port match the throttle bodies??

I have my own version, just awaiting dyno results. Can't ride at the mo as I've got a bad knee :(

Never saw any dyno info from any of your mods, so no idea which made it better & by how much, so will stick with my short stacks untill I see what the dyno throws up.

There are allot of posts in this thread which I haven't really followed so what I'm going to post may have already been covered or posted but I'll fire away anyway.

I have ridden a 4th gen with the TBR headers & wasn't impressed at all in fact I would go so fare as to say the bike lost performance, yes the bike was jetted to suit but it lost so much punch down low. I would say pc & dyno tune with a EFI gen TBR would probably perform better down low. But I have to ask the question why do people want the TBR headers when the Motad headers are aval now & they also provide a good performance increase & fit well. Bellow is my dyno with Motad & LEO cans, my original map (red) was old dyno map I had with Motad & Lasers & it's a shame I can't find the print out because that combo made 115hp (I lost power with the LEO's). I would still have the Lasers but sold bike with that combo & when I bought bike back which had exhaust back to stock fitted LEO's for the weight saving (I was surprised the Lasers had better performance). Just some food for thought.

ROYZ_POWER_TIME.JPG

ROYZ_POWER_TORQUE_RPM.JPG

Bike with Motad & Laser

VFRdesktop.jpg

Bike with Motad & LEO's

vtecmk11rhs

• Member Contributer

There are allot of posts in this thread which I haven't really followed so what I'm going to post may have already been covered or posted but I'll fire away anyway.

I have ridden a 4th gen with the TBR headers & wasn't impressed at all in fact I would go so fare as to say the bike lost performance, yes the bike was jetted to suit but it lost so much punch down low. I would say pc & dyno tune with a EFI gen TBR would probably perform better down low. But I have to ask the question why do people want the TBR headers when the Motad headers are aval now & they also provide a good performance increase & fit well. ...

We are looking for headers for the VFR800s not 750s... The VFR800 TBR headers have the similar tubing Inner Diameter (ID) to the RC45 headers with equal length primaries and offer significant top end performance improvements if installed in conjunction with other modifications to take advantage of improved gas flow. Motads have vastly different primary lengths (some report as much as 8" difference, I don't own so I can't confirm) and smaller primary & secondary IDs when compared to TBR and RC45.

I had a motad and two brothers slip on up until about a year ago. The motad made no noticeable or measurable difference in real world riding, on the dyno or at the track. 101 whp, with a custom tuned pc3 motad header 2bros slip on BMC filter and open air box. I was very unimpressed.

When I installed the 2brothers header I picked up another 5 mph trap speed and was absolutely blown away by the performance gain and I haven't even tuned it yet.

That is why we want a real performance header. The motad etc are worthless :)

• Member Contributer

I'm with you on the Motad, CandyRed

They are just a replacement for the stock pipes and the quality is pretty poor.

I replaced my stock pipes with a Motad and LeoVince cans and thought ho hum.

I'm currently running the Delkevic 4 in to 1 headers with the Leo cans and feel there is an improvement over the Motad, going on what I've tuned my RB3 to with a wideband and data logger.

"The motad made no noticeable or measurable difference in real world riding" that is not correct at all mainly because the difference fitting any header over the standard is the removal of the cat which makes an instant difference on real world riding. If you find any combination that works for your setup that is a bonus, I found the Laser cans worked better with the Motad headers than the LEO. It also would come down to what your after low/mid/high performance & from what I read the TBR is aimed at high. I also have zero idea if dyno I supplied is calibrated perfectly, in fact any dyno you have done final fig can be out unless dyno was calibrated just before your run.

I'm sure finding the best possible out come is finding what combination of parts/mods work the best, it would be great to have Motad, Delkevic, TBR headers & then allot of after market cans to test different combos on a dyno.

• Member Contributer

....It also would come down to what your after low/mid/high performance & from what I read the TBR is aimed at high...

I'm sure finding the best possible out come is finding what combination of parts/mods work the best, it would be great to have Motad, Delkevic, TBR headers & then allot of after market cans to test different combos on a dyno.

TBR headers also improved mid range torque where 50 ft/lbs was available 500 rpms earlier than stock headers on a 2001 model... see earlier post for dyno graphs.

It would be nice to have all those options to test... but it is not feasible. You asked earlier why we are looking for TBRs vs Motad and we answered. We are looking for performance headers for VFR800s with proven significant performance gains and the TBR configuration delivers that better than the Motad. We know what dimensions work and we are seeking to have that built. TBR used the same ID tubing with equal length primaries as the RC45 and so are we...

Also worth noting, my first motad did not line up at all. My second motad lined up slightly better, but still took an entire day to get on and my center stand had to be notched.

On the other hand, my ten year old two brothers header went right on and fit so well that I didn't even need gaskets to get it to seal up against the heads.

Off idle response is a little softer, midrange (where you actually spend most of your time) improved and the top end boost was extremely dramatic (5 mph trap speed gain in the quarter mile Over my original motad with a custom map). All of this before even getting a custom tune.

My question was answered, thanks. I have zero experience with the TBR headers on a 6th gen mainly because there unattainable at present unless your really lucky like CandyRedRC46 so his impression of those on his 6th gen is worth the read. As far as fitments I feel shipping/handling of all the headers mentioned probably causes problems, I have fitted 3 sets of Motad & they all bolted up perfectly.

Seeing people have an example of TBR headers & know details has anybody approached a custom exhaust manufacturer & asked price to replicate in a more realistic production run. You just need a computerised madrel tube bender & a jig made for the welding, the cost would be more than the TBR with a production run of 100 units but would happen sooner than maybe not at all.

• Member Contributer

My question was answered, thanks. I have zero experience with the TBR headers on a 6th gen mainly because there unattainable at present unless your really lucky like CandyRedRC46 so his impression of those on his 6th gen is worth the read. As far as fitments I feel shipping/handling of all the headers mentioned probably causes problems, I have fitted 3 sets of Motad & they all bolted up perfectly.

Seeing people have an example of TBR headers & know details has anybody approached a custom exhaust manufacturer & asked price to replicate in a more realistic production run. You just need a computerised madrel tube bender & a jig made for the welding, the cost would be more than the TBR with a production run of 100 units but would happen sooner than maybe not at all.

You really should at least skim over this thread.

• Member Contributer

No word from the Delkevic R&D Dept... either they've gotten very scarce again, or they're hashing out this idea of ours? heh

How long since you last emailed them? We don't want to be annoying but we want them to know we really are interested...

• Member Contributer

26Aug2014

It's been a week... I think a follow-up reminder email would be appropriate

• Member Contributer

Well as this is TBR thread, I just got the one I scored off the bay today. So a question for you TBR junkies.

Did TBR ever supply their headers ceramic coated ?

These are coated black & its way thicker than paint & much tougher, might have been done by a previous owner.

Weighed the headers @ 3.5Kg (7.7lb) not sure what the standard Honda ones are, but I know the 2000/2001 catted models added 2Kg for the Cat & associated metal work.

Headers are 38mm OD, 35mm ID, cylinders 2-3-4 are within in inch on headers length, but #1 is 8" longer :( Which is what causes the odd starter valve balance on the 5th gens.

• Member Contributer

Well as this is TBR thread, I just got the one I scored off the bay today. So a question for you TBR junkies.

Did TBR ever supply their headers ceramic coated ?

These are coated black & its way thicker than paint & much tougher, might have been done by a previous owner.

Weighed the headers @ 3.5Kg (7.7lb) not sure what the standard Honda ones are, but I know the 2000/2001 catted models added 2Kg for the Cat & associated metal work.

Headers are 38mm OD, 35mm ID, cylinders 2-3-4 are within in inch on headers length, but #1 is 8" longer :( Which is what causes the odd starter valve balance on the 5th gens.

Nice find but that is an odd measurement... this is the first time I've heard of TBRs having an 8" difference in primary length. I've read it reported that Motads have up to an 8" difference in length...

Archived