Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer
The new mid-pipe with the headers and will exit around where the muffler should be... I don't know what kind of diameter and inlet fittings are on your muffler. The slip-on mid-pipe that you have will not match up with the angle and placement of the TBR headers outlet, you would need to use the mid-pipe that comes with the headers. I emailed TBR for clarification.

Keep me posted, if my current slip ons will work, make me down for headers and mid pipe only, if not I will take it all.

TBR response:

"We would have to get a bike in here to fit up since we don’t have a jig still from that bike. But, if the orders we’re enough of just headers and midpipe kit we would make it so the old style would fit also"

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

So you pick up about 8 hp, not bad, only $100/ hp. :comp13:

That's about average rule of thumb for modern motorcycle engine performance improvements...

...The idea for the header only intrigues me though.... ...but headers just seem like a cool idea.

So, can I put you down for one set of headers?

... I'm reading between the lines :wink:

• Member Contributer

LOL

Man, I don't really need it, but I haven't bought anything for the bike in quite a while.

Yeah man, I'm in. What the heck. Header and midpipe.

• Member Contributer

Woo-Hoo!!!

We're almost 1/7th of the way there... :beer:

Why are you on this thread?

Last time I checked this was an open forum. Or did you decide that critics can't post? Just those who agree with you? Don't be an asshat.

If this is such a great deal then it can stand up to a little questioning, or criticism.

I would think someone that's complaining about an average price exhaust with above average gains that we have just shown you, would be the ass hat. Especially in doing so while we are trying to organize an important group buy.

• Member Contributer

Why are you on this thread?

Last time I checked this was an open forum. Or did you decide that critics can't post? Just those who agree with you? Don't be an asshat.

If this is such a great deal then it can stand up to a little questioning, or criticism.

I would think someone that's complaining about an average price exhaust with above average gains that we have just shown you, would be the ass hat. Especially in doing so while we are trying to organize an important group buy. You've already stated you're too much of a cheap skate to buy a full exhaust, so again why even bother criticizing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether the deal is great or not is a personal opinion based on the value to the individual. If it doesn't have value to you that's fine; it's also fine if it does have value to others. Questioning and constructive criticism are welcome contributions to advancing knowledge. Sarcasm in the written word can often be misinterpreted. Let's keep this civil everyone.

TBR response:

"We would have to get a bike in here to fit up since we don’t have a jig still from that bike. But, if the orders we’re enough of just headers and midpipe kit we would make it so the old style would fit also"

Old style as in 98-01 slip on, or old style as in 6th gen slip on? Currently on an 05, thats what I am curious about, sorry for the questions.

• Member Contributer

TBR response:

Old style as in 98-01 slip on, or old style as in 6th gen slip on? Currently on an 05, thats what I am curious about, sorry for the questions.

Any 6th gen application will require the fabrication or modification of a mid-pipe to accomodate the undertail exhaust. This is the TBR 5th gen ('98-'01) full system or headers+mid-pipe being made available. There never was a 6th gen TBR full system. The headers do fit the 6th gen engine

Any 6th gen application will require the fabrication or modification of a mid-pipe to accomodate the undertail exhaust. This is the TBR 5th gen ('98-'01) full system or headers+mid-pipe being made available. There never was a 6th gen TBR full system. The headers do fit the 6th gen engine

Well damn, a guy had hopes and dreams and you bashed them to pieces, now I am going to complain for 3 more posts about it.

Just kidding, ok then well mark me down for a full system, can't decide between aluminum and cf. I tend to not care for the CF much, that's just me though. Thanks for the information Rush, you are the champ!

• Member Contributer

Well damn, a guy had hopes and dreams and you bashed them to pieces, now I am going to complain for 3 more posts about it.

Just kidding, ok then well mark me down for a full system, can't decide between aluminum and cf. I tend to not care for the CF much, that's just me though. Thanks for the information Rush, you are the champ!

are you sure?!? The full system will be a 5th gen full system with a side mount muffler... I'm thinking for a 6th gen, if it was me, I'd get the header+mid-pipe set and an after market 6th gen undertail muffler (if you don't already have one) then fab up a mid-pipe to make the connection

are you sure?!? The full system will be a 5th gen full system with a side mount muffler... I'm thinking for a 6th gen, if it was me, I'd get the header+mid-pipe set and an after market 6th gen undertail muffler (if you don't already have one) then fab up a mid-pipe to make the connection

I have thought about this, I have the TBR slip ons for the 6th gen already. I also have zero know how on metal fabrication and there isn't many places around here. Don't mark me down for anything, let me do some research first. I was under the impression that the headers would bolt right up to the engine, the midpipe and slip ons would work out.

• Member Contributer

I have thought about this, I have the TBR slip ons for the 6th gen already. I also have zero know how on metal fabrication and there isn't many places around here. Don't mark me down for anything, let me do some research first. I was under the impression that the headers would bolt right up to the engine, the midpipe and slip ons would work out.

Get with CandyRedRC46... He has a 6th gen with TBR slipons and the TBR headers already. He can give you the best advice on what it would entail to get it to work.

I would think with the slip-on mid-pipe and the new headers mid-pipe it would be a simple cut and weld operation that many shops or muffler joints could do.

• Member Contributer

Oh, c'mon--this is easy. Just tell TBR that their buddies over at Erion Racing will re-start manufacturing their 5th-gen headers with only 25 confirmed orders... :wink:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Oh, c'mon--this is easy. Just tell TBR that their buddies over at Erion Racing will re-start manufacturing their 5th-gen headers with only 25 confirmed orders... :wink:

Ciao,

LOL... I thought about pitting one against the other! I contacted TBR first so I figured I'd give them a chance to do the right thing... We'll see what happens...

Erions had some serious large primary diameters... if the info I collected is accurate they are actually bigger (39mm) than the HRC (38mm) RC45 headers !?! A little too big for our street bikes...

• Member Contributer

LOL

Man, I don't really need it, but I haven't bought anything for the bike in quite a while.

Yeah man, I'm in. What the heck. Header and midpipe.

:wink:

BTW, my '99 CA spec bike made 93 rwhp with the TBros header. The new 49-state motor feels like it's making a bunch more but all up top for sure.

Real world, around town, I don't see a benefit to having an extra 6 hp all over 9K, I go to that space so infrequently. But it's there if needed. And they're stainless so they'll hold up better.

I like the idea of calling Erion though...

• Member Contributer

pm me and i will send you detailed pictures of the mid pipe fabrication and info on any questions regarding it.

Or if there are any plans or diagrams that would be helpful too. It seems like there would be shops all over that could fab that up if they knew the specs.

Ciao,

I think you mean his brother . . . I've got to scrape the rust off my memory, but IIRC Kevin Erion split off from his brother Craig to form Erion racing.

• Member Contributer

I hear everyone about Erion... Keep in mind Erion are true race headers and have even larger primaries than the TBR which could lead to substantial low end power loss traded for peak horsepower. Is this what you want?

I emailed Erion to find out there position on re-releasing.

• Member Contributer

I hear everyone about Erion... Keep in mind Erion are true race headers and have even larger primaries than the TBR which could lead to substantial low end power loss traded for peak horsepower. Is this what you want?

Nada :unsure:

:lurk:

• Member Contributer

pm me and i will send you detailed pictures of the mid pipe fabrication and info on any questions regarding it.

Or if there are any plans or diagrams that would be helpful too. It seems like there would be shops all over that could fab that up if they knew the specs.

Ciao,

I think you mean his brother . . . I've got to scrape the rust off my memory, but IIRC Kevin Erion split off from his brother Craig to form Erion racing.

Yes, well, Erion Racing was formed when the "two brothers" very acrimoniously split up. The story was that they didn't even speak to each other for years. I was making a joke about their rivalry possibly working to our advantage. Joking aside, they might be persuaded anyway, if they still have the jigs the used to make my Erion full system.

I wonder if TBR is thinking of producing 2014 VFR exhausts anyway, and just wants to get their re-tooling cost covered before committing? I don't see 100 confirmed pre-orders ever happening, but the closer we get the more likely they will do it anyway...

Ciao,

Has anyone considered Akrapovic? They have a slipon for the 2014 already, maybe they could be convinced to make a batch of titanium headers aswell ;) Wouldn't be anywhere near as cheap though ahaha

Archived