Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Potential Re-release of Two Brothers Racing (TBR) 5th Gen Full Exhaust System!!!

I requested information from TBR about the possibility of re-releasing the 5th gen headers. I received a response today from Greg at TBR forwarding information from the CEO...

Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 6:37 AM

"We can re-produce the VFR800 headers 1998-2001 with 100 pre-paid orders. The 1998-2001 header has not been tested by us on the 02-09 or the new 2014 model.

Each system will cost $899.98 for CF muffler and $799.98 for Aluminum.

12 weeks for delivery after all orders are complete.

Thanks,

Jeff Whitten
Two Brothers Racing, Inc | CEO"

I know 100 orders is a lot, but we have 26 already... As a company they haven't tested the headers on a 6th gen, but we know they work; using these headers on a 6th gen requires a custom mid-pipe that currently the buyer would be responsible for having fabricated. And we have reports of our European friends fitting 5th gen exhausts to the 2014 with zero modifications... I've also requested info on pricing and availability of just the headers instead of the full system

EDIT: TBR response for the headers only: " Header & Midpipe & Hardware set cannot be split. They are $599.98 for that package"

Note: The discharge from the header collector is not in the same location and angle as the stock header, this is a performance exhaust system. If you purchase the header and use your existing slip-on a custom mid-pipe will need to be fabricated.

I'll commit, c'mon let's make this happen!

• Rush2112 - Full w/ CF muffler please!
  • JDMBird83 - Headers
  • mspence82 - Headers
  • CornerCarver - Full w/ CF muffler
  • CornerCarver - Full w/ Aluminum muffler
  • CornerCarver - Headers
  • CornerCarver - Headers
  • aokman - Full
  • jim v
  • Wera803 - Full w/ CF muffler
  • FJ12Ryder - Headers
  • MBrane
  • MBrane
  • vfrcapn
  • RoadToed - Headers
  • F1Fan - Headers
  • dgordon - Headers
  • AWP34 - Headers
  • Beesting - Headers
  • Mello Dude - Headers + (1 maybe)
  • jnyquist - Full
  • artpongs - Full
  • Switchblade - Headers
  • WackenSS
  • RazorWing
  • Kenn

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Gee, I think they are placing the mark pretty high asking for 100 orders.

I understand that they are a "production" shop but I would have thought, if they still have all the jigs and tooling, a run of 20 would have been more in the ball park.

Are they prepared to do just the headers and collector?

I don't need the mid pipe and cans as I'll be keeping my LeoVince fibre cans etc.

Phil

• Member Contributer

Gee, I think they are placing the mark pretty high asking for 100 orders.

I understand that they are a "production" shop but I would have thought, if they still have all the jigs and tooling, a run of 20 would have been more in the ball park.

Are they prepared to do just the headers and collector?

I don't need the mid pipe and cans as I'll be keeping my LeoVince fibre cans etc.

Phil

I've also requested info on pricing and availability of just the headers instead of the full system...

the 100 orders was the CEO's first response. If I was running the place I would love to have $80K of pre-paid orders too... don't know if that number is carved in stone or just an opening figure. I don't know how many systems they make in a production run. If we end up with 20 people interested and willing to commit that's what we'll tell them...

• Member Contributer

Yep, I think you are right.

I'd be pushing for as many as I could as well.

Let's see what come of it, but I'd be in on just the headers.

That sounds like their "we don't wanna do it" pricing.

Careful what you wish for with headers only, the outlet is likely to NOT be in the same place as oem, meaning you would need a custom mid pipe to fit your existing can.

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php/45988-Possible-Racing-Header-Group-Buy-(zorstech-exhaust)

Here's two guys for your list.

Potential Re-release of Two Brothers Racing (TBR) 5th Gen Full Exhaust System!!!

I requested information from TBR about the possibility of re-releasing the 5th gen headers. I received a response today from Greg at TBR forwarding information from the CEO...

Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 6:37 AM

"We can re-produce the VFR800 headers 1998-2001 with 100 pre-paid orders. The 1998-2001 header has not been tested by us on the 02-09 or the new 2014 model.

Each system will cost $899.98 for CF muffler and $799.98 for Aluminum.

12 weeks for delivery after all orders are complete.

Thanks,

Jeff Whitten
Two Brothers Racing, Inc | CEO"

I know 100 orders is a lot, but I can think of 6 already... As a company they haven't tested the headers on a 6th gen, but we know they work. And we have reports of our European friends fitting 5th gen exhausts to the 2014 with zero modifications... I've also requested info on pricing and availability of just the headers instead of the full system

I'll commit, anyone join me?

1. Rush2112 - CF muffler please!
  2. Voided76
  3. JDMBird83

• Member Contributer

I'm pretty good with the TIG and have modified a few exhausts in the past to fit so shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Careful what you wish for with headers only, the outlet is likely to NOT be in the same place as oem, meaning you would need a custom mid pipe to fit your existing can.

It is definitely not in the same place as OEM, I am running a custom midpipe. It was pretty straightforward.

• Member Contributer

Maybe "I don't want to do it" quantity... but the pricing seems decent for a full system. If you break it down, a TBR slip-on for a 5th gen is $450 - $550 so your getting the headers for about $350 with the full system

• Member Contributer

From what I understand, the TBR setup was really nice quality. Does away with the cat and fits perfect. Are the headers also stainless?

Dave.

I'm onboard for a 6th gen single muffler, black series, with a matched midpipe to the header.

Believe me, I'd love to own a full two bro's set. I just think if we actually wanna make progress to product before say.... NEXT YEAR, lol, maybe zorstec or another fabricator who is prepared to do smaller quantities of product.

I'm pretty good with the TIG and have modified a few exhausts in the past to fit so shouldn't be that much of an issue.

You and me both. But, I know the other 95 or so folks who can't, would be out of luck trying to fit theirs.

This. ^^^^^

The delkevics are a stock replacement and will fit the factory end can, and therefore any aftermarket can also.

TBR had their own diameter and placement for the outlet pipe from the header, not quite the same as stock. Angle might be slightly different too.

• Member Contributer

I already have the Titanium Black Series and would like the header only...hopefully we can get a decent price (with far fewer pre-orders).

RRM, Yours is a slip on only, intended to bolt to the factory Honda head pipes.

The original TBR full system was sold as a matched pair, with the mid pipe designed to fit the NON-factory headers, therefore your newer (slip on) mid pipe would not fit the older TBR headers, different outlet orientation on the older headers.

• Member Contributer

The original TBR full system was sold as a matched pair, with the mid pipe designed to fit the NON-factory headers, therefore your newer (slip on) mid pipe would not fit the older TBR headers, different outlet orientation on the older headers.

DIameter of the header outlet is the same. placement and orientation is way different than OEM, so you're stuck with the TBR midpipe.

They do look nice...

IMG_9106Medium.jpg

But that is a ridiculous quantity to demand at this point.

This. ^^^^^

The delkevics are a stock replacement and will fit the factory end can, and therefore any aftermarket can also.

TBR had their own diameter and placement for the outlet pipe from the header, not quite the same as stock. Angle might be slightly different too.

Stock replacement for stock horse power lol

DIameter of the header outlet is the same. placement and orientation is way different than OEM, so you're stuck with the TBR midpipe.

They do look nice...

IMG_9106Medium.jpg

But that is a ridiculous quantity to demand at this point.

Man those look good! I am gonna have to make a trip to my garage and take a look at mine :)

• Member Contributer

Thanks for getting the ball rolling Rush.

If this price is for the stainless system and not the mild steel that they also manufactured then put me down for 4 sets, 1 with alloy can, 1 with carbon can and 2 sets of headers only.

I don't think the price is out of line but the quantity is sure enough a "we don't want the hassle price."

If you get close on the quantity pm and maybe I can convince a partner to help me set some aside for inflation from everyone who will a set when they see them but want to commit or be able to commit the funds now.

If this is for mild steel, count me out.

I am sending my TBR system off to jet hot coating in Charlotte for a complete coat before I powder coat my frame this winter so I have an original that could be used if someone wants to set up a jig and produce this item in stainless (or titanium).

• Member Contributer

I'm onboard for a 6th gen single muffler, black series, with a matched midpipe to the header.

Believe me, I'd love to own a full two bro's set. I just think if we actually wanna make progress to product before say.... NEXT YEAR, lol, maybe zorstec or another fabricator who is prepared to do smaller quantities of product.

You'll need a custom mid-pipe to do the 6th gen under tail exhaust, like CandyRed's set-up...

I'm not opposed to another manufacturer if the performance and quality is there... the concern I have with Zorstec is the price for the header is about the same as a full system from TBR... (if we can get it made), shipping from the UK will be an additional $$

• Member Contributer

So we have a lot of views and a couple of interested folks:

1.Rush2112 - Full w/ CF muffler please!
2.JDMBird83
3.HighSideNZ - Headers
4.mspence82 - Headers + (6th gen single muffler, black series, with a matched midpipe to the header)
5.RRM - Headers
6-9.CornerCarver - 4 sets, 1 with alloy can, 1 with carbon can and 2 sets of headers only

• Member Contributer

Voided76 IS mspence82 btw

Corrected... Thanks!

Archived