Any Interest In Rear Axle Sliders?

MVinOZ

Doesn't seem like anyone makes a rear axle slider for the VFR - lack of interest or another reason?

Seems like the cush drive/axle nut would take a battering if it went down on the left...

I have an 80mm x 210mm rod of delrin on my desk that I'm going to turn into some axle sliders, should be a fun project!

Is it worth making a few sets?

• Member Contributer

Doesn't seem like anyone makes a rear axle slider for the VFR - lack of interest or another reason?

Seems like the cush drive/axle nut would take a battering if it went down on the left...

I have an 80mm x 210mm rod of delrin on my desk that I'm going to turn into some axle sliders, should be a fun project!

Is it worth making a few sets?

i am sure there are enough down under to use up your stash of delrin :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

at a 60mph right side low side, with no sliders of any kind. its going to be grinding of the fairing, handlebar end, brake levers, some small grinding of the rear cowl plastic, and on the right side for me the clutch case cover was ground down and cracked. I would be interested in protection for the cover but am leery of using frame sliders as it would probably have dug into the grass and flipped the bike. luckily I had an extra right side fairing so it looks pretty good now.

post-5100-0-32189200-1406186571.jpg

at a 60mph right side low side, with no sliders of any kind. its going to be grinding of the fairing, handlebar end, brake levers, some small grinding of the rear cowl plastic, and on the right side for me the clutch case cover was ground down and cracked. I would be interested in protection for the cover but am leery of using frame sliders as it would probably have dug into the grass and flipped the bike. luckily I had an extra right side fairing so it looks pretty good now.

attachicon.gifimage (2).jpg

Doesn't look like any damage to the wheel, they may be superfluous... I made them anyway, not 100% happy with how they turned out, plus it took a long time!

klrtovfr, hope you walked away!

I mostly ran away. It was at the track so I had leathers on and only had a bruised elbow, no helmet damage. Coming down from 130mph and the front brake locked just before turn in. Surprisingly the radiator held up. The side fairing is definately the widest part of the bike, but the clutch cover is the center most point so It seemed to hold most of the rear off the ground except for the little part by the exhaust. The footpegs must have just folded up.