Getting Her Ready For Our August Trip

Hey Guys! Fixing to start getting my 6th Gen VFR ready for an August trip to NC. My girlfriend will be back in the country the first part of August and we will have the chance to be kid free for a weekend when she returns!!!

We are heading up to stay at the Iron Horse near the Dragon and will be riding that area for about three days. We will trailer the bike there but once we are there, everything else will be by bike.

Going to go through the bike pretty thoroughly here in the next couple of weekends. Motor service, flush the coolant, bleed the breaks and such. I have never had this bike out on a longer weekend trip like this before. Anything on the VFR that I should pay special attention to for a weekend ride like this?

Have a good tank bag and saddle bags for stuff. Got 12v power on her for GPS and cell. Only thing I need to figure out is how to put my girlfriends camera tripod on the bike. It wont fit in a saddle bag and I don't want to scratch it up or the bike by strapping it on somehow. We don't have to take it but she is a great photographer and she will not let someone she does not trust take pictures of us or other things with her camera. So, that means we need the tripod if her camera is going to be used for good pictures of say us together or just a really good shot of something.

• Member Contributer

a good sailor is not afraid of the Red Sea!!!! :goofy:

Back on topic....

Not trusting other people to take a snapshot of yous? Are these shots supposed to feature the cover of a magazine? :unsure:

If she is afraid that someone might drop her camera, buy a $80 cheapo digital camera and be done with it.

Tripod?

There are "proper size" tripods that folds/collapse down really small. Will cost you..

I use this one, it doubles as a table tripod and a clamp one.

post-8974-0-83108900-1404291101.jpg

Anything on the VFR that I should pay special attention to for a weekend ride like this?

Nothing I can think of besides adjusting the suspension for riding two up.

And as for a tripod: Have her look at a Joby Gorillapod.

• Member Contributer

You're worried about a 2006 not making it through a weekend without breaking down? Only thing you need is riding gear. Skip the tripod. She can steady her camera on a bean bag or something.

Love some of those first replies !

Not really worried about anything on the bike. I have only had this bike since the first of the year and I have not had on any longer weekend rides. Just figured I would ask for any suggestions from those of your that have.

Already done the little wiring beef up things that a lot of you have suggested. Other than me just wanting to service the bike good, she really doesn't need much of anything.

As for the tripod thing, it is just something that I would like to bring on the bike for her if it is possible to do it easily. Her camera is worth way more than my VFR is so I don't blame her for not wanting to let someone else hold it. I have a cheap camera that will come with us that I can let some else take pictures of us with or there is still my cell too which really takes better pictures than my little digital camera does.

Archived