Anyone Try These Crash Sliders?

DavidEW

Saw these on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-VFR800-RDMOTO-SIDE-CRASH-SLIDERS-MOTORCYCLE-SET-OF-2-2002-/291105709559?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&var=&hash=item43c7409df7&vxp=mtr

I'd rather not cut the fairings if I don't have to. But if the non-cut ones are crap I'm OK with cutting - these look like a possibility so wanted to see if anyone has info.

Thanks-

post-12703-0-85698500-1404141348.jpg

• Member Contributer

If you want "no cut" sliders, look up Oggy Knobs. A fellow member posted on here somewhere about them, he felt they did a good job. I was about to pull the trigger on some but my 5th Gen project took priority as far as spending money on new things. BTW, the company is located in Australia if that helps with a google search on the web.

These were on my bike when I got it. I have seen pictures of the ones where people cut the fairing for them, I don't think I would want to do that to my bike. Not sure if where mine are mounted is where they were supposed to be mounted or if the PO just put them there instead of cutting the fairings. Its just an option I thought I would mention incase it was something you might want to consider. The only time they bother me a little is at a stop but I have gotten use to them being there so they really don't bother me any more.

post-28936-0-98408800-1404257632.jpg

• Member Contributer

If you want "no cut" sliders, look up Oggy Knobs. A fellow member posted on here somewhere about them, he felt they did a good job. I was about to pull the trigger on some but my 5th Gen project took priority as far as spending money on new things. BTW, the company is located in Australia if that helps with a google search on the web.

I had been on the fence, but after reading this thread, I went with the Oggy Knobs. They're a little more expensive than the eBay option the OP found, but the brackets are beefy and the service and shipping from Oz was no problem. I hope I never have to test them the way Cmac did!

Archived