Lancaster Pa. Area Any Members

djtri

Middletown PA here, also a few guys from Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg on this site. I just got my new VFR800 in Lancaster over a week ago.

• Member Contributer

I was in E-town on Father's Day - rode to Trops. There are a bunch of us out here...

I will be riding to Ephrata on the 6th of July with my new 2014 VFR800, not sure who I will be riding with yet. Got one invitation to ride with a group of sportbike riders local so far if they go from the Elizabethtown area. I have to check out the route I used to take there years ago and see how the road is now, its mostly back roads from near Middletown right to rte 322 outside of Ephrata (about 25-30 minutes ride, maybe a few minutes less or more depending on how spirited it gets).

I get there and eat breakfast then walk around and look at the bikes and sights.

Anyone want to get a group of VFRs together for the trip from my area that morning? We could meet at the edge of Highspire on rte 230 either at turkey hill or another parking lot nearby, Ill try not to get us lost on the way, its been a few years or more since I made the trip.

Also the 3rd sunday there is a breakfast ride to lawn PA which is about half the distance yet, and one on another sunday at my townships fire department (lower swatara).

One of these nights Ill take the trip and make sure I got it right.

I might be able to go to Ephrata next Sunday. I usually go 283 to 341 to 117 through Mt Gretna the 322 to Ephrata. So if I go for sure I can meet up in Highspire somewhere.

I go to both Ephrata and Lawn every month with a group of riders from the Lancaster county area I met on something called meetup. There's 14 of us going to Ephrata we meet at the Amerigreen station on the west side of Ephrata on 322 at 8:45 sunday morning.

Im hoping it is nice but not very hot (makes wearing leather more comfortable). How about Pizza Hut parking lot at the front in Highspire (on rte 230 at the red light by the Twin Kiss and Turkey Hill), whats a good time? Im only 1 mile from there.

For me, the earlier the better. Get there check out some bikes. Afterwards I'm planning on riding south towards Holtwood bridge then north on the west side of the river towards Wrightsville to jump on a friends boat at Long Level.

Hows 6:30-7am? I can hopefully get back to go on a hike with my dogs at Messiah college then. Breakfast then bike watching. Next wednesday Im hoping to make it to Quaker Steak and Lube on the Carlisle pike for bike night 5pm, my oil change prevented it this week.

• 1 month later...

Maybe on the first sunday in september (7th) we can meet up and ride to ephrata or meet there for breakfast and look at bikes. Lets get some more VFRs there.

• 10 months later...

I think it'd be great rolling in with some other VFR's! I live a few minutes from the park and usually take the CB750. I usually still have the choke slightly on, that is how close I am.

I might be out there with the 78 tomorrow for a bit but I can't meet you guys up in Highspire this time. Got a human powered cycle ride planned for late morning (Lebanon/Etown rail trail bicycle romp)

I'd love to ride AWAY from Ephrata to meet up with a group of VFR's, only to head back. Would give me a good reason to bring the VFR instead of the classic for once. This would give me the ride fix I need too. You get itchy when you only get to ride a bike for 5 minutes to a motorcycle event. After half an hour you just want to get on your bike a ride.

I have not gone to Lawn yet but I hear good things. I would be available to meet up for that. I will be passing the fire hall tomorrow on the rail trail too.

Mike

By the way, this was the coolest bike that rode in, under it's own power!, last month. Looks like he drug it out of the woods and kicked the mighty German two stroke over and started. Look at that bee-hive jug! I like seeing the older/rare bikes. A nice break from the slew of usually cruisers/sport bikes.

post-32860-0-07973000-1436056243.jpg

post-32860-0-72787300-1436056246.jpg

post-32860-0-45442500-1436056250.jpg

• Member Contributer

I was staying in Ephrata this weekend for a wedding. Saw a number of great looking bikes, including a red 6th gen on 283. Now for the long cage ride home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm near Pottstown, PA.. 

It's been nearly 9 years since my last VFR.. 

Picked up today: 2000 VFR800 118xx mi. on odo. new tires, needs chain/sprocket, brake/clutch fluid changed. 

2016-10-23%2014.00.44_zpsa8dqm0rg.jpg

2016-10-23%2014.01.23_zpsrodygwwq.jpg

Archived