Pearl Black Color Code?

wpbarlow

• Member Contributer

Hi (again) everyone. VF/VFR number 6 (across 33 years) has joined the household :biggrin: I just miss these V4 things when I don't have one.

Nicely set up with CBR forks/brakes and shock (both RaceTech'd), LSL kit, and other things that I liked. My 2nd Gen 6 (had a white one previously).

Has some nicks and scuffs-- nothing really bad, but noticeable. I checked ColorRite, and they don't have a product for the Pearl Black. Does anyone make a match for it, or does anyone know the paint code?

Thanks in Advance

Walter

Here's a couple of pics from the person I bought it.

20140524_141034_zps10e4c787.jpg

20140524_141106_zps69b3c73a.jpg

• Member Contributer

Your paint code should be a sticker under the saddle.

Welcome back :-)

• Member Contributer

That's an 06 right? If so "color close" used to have the paint but it was not a perfect match. Find a good auto painter that knows how to use a mixing bank and he (or she) will be able to match it.

Nice bike, welcome to the nut house.

• Member Contributer

What did you do ?

WRT what? If how the scratches were caused, don't know, from PO

WRT fixing it, nothing yet.

Walter

If you Google "psa vfrdiscussion", you should find a thread that has the formula for 2006 Pearl Cosmic Black in it. I posted it there some years ago.

Take the formula to any PPG-supported auto body shop and they will be able to mix it for you in touch up or any other qty.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one really bad nick next to my blinker. I had tried a couple of different things but nothing came close for me without doing what the others suggested above. I work at an outboard dealership and I picked up a can of Suzuki Black for the four stroke outboards. It is black with a metallic flake in it. I shook it real good and sprayed some in a little Dixie cup. Took a small art brush and touched up the spot. It was a perfect match. You have to look really close at the spot to see it now. I am sure its not close enough to say paint a fairing, but it was really inexpensive and worked great for the spot I wanted to cover up.

Archived