Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

• Member Contributer

Now your starting to show off that beautiful rear wheel!! Looks great... how does it sound?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Sounds good. I've been trying to get a friggin' video to link here but it doesn't seem to be working right now... :angry:

Edit: Finally! http://youtu.be/Gf5YlfNyz9g

I think I'm a fan of without the baffle :goofy:

Rush2112, on 05 Aug 2014 - 5:47 PM, said:Rush2112, on 05 Aug 2014 - 5:47 PM, said:
cjb1019, on 05 Aug 2014 - 4:30 PM, said:cjb1019, on 05 Aug 2014 - 4:30 PM, said:

Sounds good. I've been trying to get a friggin' video to link here but it doesn't seem to be working right now... :angry:

Edit: Finally! http://youtu.be/Gf5YlfNyz9g

I think I'm a fan of without the baffle :goofy:

Hello MotoGP, Good Bye Hearing.

Do a 400mi Hi-Rev day and let us know how your Hearing likes it, would ya?

Other than that, it's pretty Bad Ass..sounding.

Sounds good. Make any noticeable difference to the fuelling?

Not that I've particularly noticed. Although it does seem to have given it a bit more punch at the very bottom end - like the stock exhaust was strangling it a bit too much?

• Member Contributer

TBR sent out an email with a link to the new VFR800 slip-ons... two versions, one with and one without saddle bags.

In the email they called it a VFR900... I wish!!!

TBR sent out an email with a link to the new VFR800 slip-ons... two versions, one with and one without saddle bags.

That TBR slip-on makes the stock can look like a work of art!

UglyPipe

• Member Contributer

That's the pipe for the kit used with saddle bags... it fits under the bag. There is a much nicer looking muffler for the regular installation without bags... they swap it out in the beginning of the video before the dyno run

Ok, so here's a quick couple of pics...

Much improved, no?

Damn that bike looks great in BLACK! Now I want a second set of fairings and tank in black...and VFR badges. lol.

That's the pipe for the kit used with saddle bags... it fits under the bag. There is a much nicer looking muffler for the regular installation without bags... they swap it out in the beginning of the video before the dyno run

Why bother? The Arrows & Dam pipes look better & fit with or without the panniers. Maybe TBR should do a dual pipe system with one each side. Then the pillion can use them as foot boards!

• Member Contributer

For those looking for a bit of extra sound and a few more horses without destroying your hearing and having your neighbors chase you out of the neighborhood with pitchforks and torches, not to mention not having the cops waiting for you with dB meters and night-sticks, the Akropovics may be a good bet. They appear to carry all the EC, ECE, EPA and CARB approvals and if the pictures are to be believed, really are stamped for type use as meeting 80 dB EPA tests as well.

Pourquoi.jpg

• Member Contributer

Why bother? The Arrows & Dam pipes look better & fit with or without the panniers. Maybe TBR should do a dual pipe system with one each side. Then the pillion can use them as foot boards!

It is an eyesore without the bags... do the Arrow or Dam have any issues with cooking the bottom of the right bag?

• Member Contributer

This looks way nicer... I think it sounds good too in the video clip

I couldn't find the link on TBRs home page... This link goes to their 2014 VFR800 page... http://www.twobros.com/products/vfr800_2014/exhaust/HON-VFR800-INTERCEPTOR-S1R-SO-14.html

BTW... 0 to 150+ mph in 6th gear on the dyno sounds nice!

2014-HON-INTERCEPTOR-S1R-SO_side.jpg

It is an eyesore without the bags... do the Arrow or Dam have any issues with cooking the bottom of the right bag?

The right bag has an integral heat shield as the stock muffler sits under it. TBR's problem isn't heat, its the combination of the their one-fits-all generic muffler's length & the rakish angle its mounted at physically interfering with the bag. Have a look at cbj2019's photo of the stock & arrow can and compare which the TBR photo. The end cap of the TBR can is at the same height as the bag mounts cast into the pillion footrest hangers, the other two are lower.

• Member Contributer

This looks way nicer... I think it sounds good too in the video clip

That is nice, would look great on a 5th gen too. I like the shorter canisters on the 8th gens, anyone can do a photoshop?

I think if I were going to get an 8th Gen I think I would seriously be looking at the Competition Werkes GP slip on. It looks like a Moto GP pipe, is short so the wheel shows and probably sounds great. Here is a video of one on a 1200 VFR, but it's kind of a lame video, the guy really isn't revving the bike much.

This pipe in stainless or titanium would be the one I'd look at hard before moving on.

I got tired of waiting on TBR and ordered the Akrapovic pipe as well.... we'll see which one arrives first and I may try both (so I may have a discounted pipe for sale as I am sure they won't return once mounted.) The race is on....

Looks like the Akrapovic will be here Monday or Tuesday!

I talked with Greg at TBR today. He told me the wrong length carbon came in. 1" shorter than what it was supposed to be. I asked to build me one anyways and ship it. Said he could ship next week. If I don;t have confirmation of shipment by mid day wed, I'll call Akra and get that one coming too.

VOLUNTEER, I'm excited to here you ordered up the Akra pipe.

I talked with Greg at TBR today. He told me the wrong length carbon came in. 1" shorter than what it was supposed to be. I asked to build me one anyways and ship it. Said he could ship next week. If I don;t have confirmation of shipment by mid day wed, I'll call Akra and get that one coming too.

VOLUNTEER, I'm excited to here you ordered up the Akra pipe.

Tracking says my Akra will be here Monday.... if you want, I can call Greg and tell him to cancel my order. Maybe they can ship you the can I ordered (He stated Thursday that it should ship this coming week and that all they were waiting on was the mid-pipe.) Let me know

Archived