Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Dan told me a few times the were waiting on mid-pipes.... wonder if they got mixed up?

After going back and looking at their You Tube vid, I have the mid pipe for the saddle bags. They packaged the wrong one.

ADD 08/21: I talked with Greg at 2Bros this morning. With the pics I provided, they determined the part # was correct for my exhaust canister. The number stamped into the mid pipe was correct, but was stamped onto the wrong one. (at least that's what I got out of the conversation).

I hope to have the correct mid pipe on Friday as they were sending it out NDA. I guess I'll see if someone packed the correct the pipe this time around...and shipped NDA as promised.

ADD: 2Bros sent the correct mid-pipe NDA. This is the correct one. Install took all of 10 minutes. The sounds is louder and much deeper than stock at idle and when 1st taking off. When cruising, it's not much louder than stock, which is exactly what I wanted.

Sounds pretty darn good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Jochem, that matt black DAM on the black bike just looks fantastic, best looking pipe I've seen on a black Viffer. Great choice, hope it sounds as good as it looks.

• 3 weeks later...

It started to snow just as I finished fitting it so this is the only pic I have at the moment.

The screw that holds the baffle in has a small weld on it but it didn't take a lot to break it and pry the baffle out.

It's smaller/shorter than the Akropovic pipe, It's also deeper in sound and louder too.

Haven't had chance to ride it yet as it's still snowing here.

post-31751-0-26482800-1422737347.jpg

The plaque is a sticker. It comes with a red and white one.

I put the red one on because it looked very plain with out it but I haven't made my mind up if I'm gonna keep it on there yet.

Will try and get a sound clip tomorrow.

Who's running the Two Brothers S1R? I'd love to get your thoughts on it before I fork out the sizeable shipping costs to bring one to Australia.

• 4 weeks later...

It started to snow just as I finished fitting it so this is the only pic I have at the moment.

The screw that holds the baffle in has a small weld on it but it didn't take a lot to break it and pry the baffle out.

It's smaller/shorter than the Akropovic pipe, It's also deeper in sound and louder too.

Nice! Is that the stainless or titanium?

• Member Contributer

I've got the Two Bros S1R and it's been on for a couple of months. Other than having some difficulty in getting the correct connector pipe (I did not want the one made to work with the hard luggage and got the wrong pipe twice), I'm very happy with the quality and the sound. It is a little louder than the Remus pipes I had on my 6th-gen bike, but has a great sound. The low-rpm pops and burbles are quite pronounced, but not unpleasant. It is beautifully finished, as one might expect from Two Bros. And of course it adds an additional 50 hp once the engine is wound over 14,000 RPM... :-)

If you're going to pay to ship it to Oz, I'd recommend ordering it with both connectors; this will allow you to use it with hard luggage at some point and give you the improved appearance of the non-luggage model. I'd at least get them to agree to ship you the one you want at their cost if they ship the wrong pipe; the muffler is identical.

Nice! Is that the stainless or titanium?
Titanium.

Am very pleased with it

• 4 weeks later...

I know some people have been asking for a high mount option. I can't decide if I like this or not.

http://staintune.com.au/collections/new-products/products/honda-vfr-800-high-sports-muffler

Hell ya.....that if beautiful. $800 bones, thats alot of scratch

Windyrun, thats one hell of a sound bike.....sounds awesome

• Member Contributer

I know some people have been asking for a high mount option. I can't decide if I like this or not.

http://staintune.com.au/collections/new-products/products/honda-vfr-800-high-sports-muffler

P1000049_1024x1024.JPG?v=1419201575to

I really like this! But I guess it'd be too good to be true to have this work with the luggage, right?

Archived