Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Grum, where did you get your Arrow pipe, OS or local?

I have been waiting 4 months for an Akra from the local importer and ready to pull the pin on it.

• Member Contributer

Hi dogman.

Went through USA, Pure Performance Cycles www.pureperformancecycles.com. The local Australian distributor at the time told me that these pipes were at least 5 weeks away and at over $900 AUD. I had a lot of correspondence going on with Dan at Pure Performance Cycles regards suitability with panniers, so I decided to go with them and the final price for the Carbon Fibre tip ones were just over $800 AUD delivered. Delays were encountered by their new distributor come supplier, the pipes had to be ordered from Italy, get to the distributor in USA then send them to Pure Performance Cycles then have them dispatched to Aus. This process should have been no more than about 3 weeks, however their supplier had let them down so it was 5 weeks and 3 days by the time I got them.

As I stated I'm very happy with them, I've just come home from a nice run and the pipes sound great and compliment the look of the bike nicely. Best of Luck whichever way you go.

Cheers. Grum.

• 2 weeks later...

The Akrapovic pipe finally turned up just as I was losing patience waiting.

I removed the baffle straight away but I am still surprised how quiet it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Dogman, Sound file ? I'm interested in how it sounds compared to stock.

My Staintune exhaust arrived the other day.... problem is that I'm in Adelaide for work, so it will stay laying in my garage for a little while longer. I will post a video once I get a chance to fit it.... below, what she will look like once fitted.

P1000001_1024x1024.JPG?v=1414538873

I spoke to the Staintune sales guy about high mounts. They said that they do have a couple of pre-production versions being tested on a few bikes now. They (Staintune) are not 100% happy with the results so far, so they may not be putting it into production at all. I was impressed that they may not sell a high mount because the results were not up to expectations.... I would much rather that then they sell us high mounts and we are unhappy with thew results.

Yes, shortening the link pipe opn the Delkevic makes them look a lot better IMO.

You sure cant beat them for value!

Dogman, Sound file ? I'm interested in how it sounds compared to stock.

My Staintune exhaust arrived the other day.... problem is that I'm in Adelaide for work, so it will stay laying in my garage for a little while longer. I will post a video once I get a chance to fit it.... below, what she will look like once fitted.

P1000001_1024x1024.JPG?v=1414538873

I spoke to the Staintune sales guy about high mounts. They said that they do have a couple of pre-production versions being tested on a few bikes now. They (Staintune) are not 100% happy with the results so far, so they may not be putting it into production at all. I was impressed that they may not sell a high mount because the results were not up to expectations.... I would much rather that then they sell us high mounts and we are unhappy with thew results.

I think the problem with fitting a high mount to the 8th gen would be to do with having to cut the plastics to access the rear subframe for a rear mounting position.

You now what butchers some people can be. :wink: :wink:

Honestly feel the OEM looks better than some of the plain polished tubular cans I have seen here. I like the DAM and Akra exhausts, but the Delcovic and Staintune cans look like they came off an '83 Interceptor rather than a '14.

Discordant.

I dont mind the stainless steel 14 inch Delkevic that much but it didnt match the bike so well, so I got the carbon fiber 13 inch tri-oval can. That Staintunes looks like the OEM muffler that came off of my 2000 cbr600. I originally wanted to get the Dam muffler, but for the price and the end result I really like the Delkevic.

Thanks for posting. I still think the DAM is one of the better looking options for the 8th gen and it sounds great, but I think I'll leave my carbon Delkevic on for a bit longer to see if any other options come up in the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. I still think the DAM is one of the better looking options for the 8th gen and it sounds great, but I think I'll leave my carbon Delkevic on for a bit longer to see if any other options come up in the next few months.

4027e94307b174bd8f0294841a665074.jpg

Mine is On

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm surprised they don't offer a carbon end cap. I think that would be the best looking setup...matte can with carbon end cap. It would also make the whole can look a bit shorter, since the black end cap would sort of blend in with the dark background of the wheel.

Archived