Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

• Member Contributer
I would be surprised (and pissed off) if the baffle itself is welded in.

It's actually something that contributes in no small way to the substantial price premium of an Akropovic. The approval routine takes resources.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still waiting to see a high-rise pipe like mine, I reckon theres room on the 8th gen for an oval can...

I have a pipe like that on my 4th gen and I am thinking of changing it for a delkevic carbon tri-oval low mount.

I still have to remove the pipe to remove the rear wheel,even if it is hi-mount.

Those hi-mount cans do look a bit dated, IMO

• Member Contributer

Stuff is starting to show up with regularity now. This is a Delkevic stainless can, 14" long. Looks like the angle is right to fit with the bags. $169 on eBay.

product5150_3.jpg

Na that's hideous, cheap, and looks like crap .

• Member Contributer

It didn't take much to break the nut loose holding the baffle in, but man, we can't seem to get it out of there? I looked at the schematic and it definitely has a curved pipe holding it in place. Mike from Traxxion and I tried for about 20 minutes to no avail. Any ideas?

attachicon.gifakra.jpg

oops, I missed the part where you said it was welded in place. Hmmmm.... wonder why my Leos have removable baffels and the Akra doesn't? I took the opportunity to run the bike without any exhaust for a few seconds... man it sounded good (but a little loud for my taste.)

Could a shop cut the baffle out? Could I buy a pipe overseas and have it shipped in?

I had an Akro pipe similar to that one very recently on a different type bike. I was able to "loosen" the screw pretty easy too. Then used pliers with long handles, cloth over the gripping parts to prevent scratching, clamped onto the baffle and pulled/twisted. It came out pretty easily. If not already done, you may want to try that. It worked on the same type of slip-on but for a cbr500.

Dan told me a few times the were waiting on mid-pipes.... wonder if they got mixed up?

After going back and looking at their You Tube vid, I have the mid pipe for the saddle bags. They packaged the wrong one.

ADD 08/21: I talked with Greg at 2Bros this morning. With the pics I provided, they determined the part # was correct for my exhaust canister. The number stamped into the mid pipe was correct, but was stamped onto the wrong one. (at least that's what I got out of the conversation).

I hope to have the correct mid pipe on Friday as they were sending it out NDA. I guess I'll see if someone packed the correct the pipe this time around...and shipped NDA as promised.

ADD: 2Bros sent the correct mid-pipe NDA. This is the correct one. Install took all of 10 minutes. The sounds is louder and much deeper than stock at idle and when 1st taking off. When cruising, it's not much louder than stock, which is exactly what I wanted.

post-30959-0-88614100-1408820966.jpg

post-30959-0-13270500-1408820972.jpg

post-30959-0-25588400-1408820980.jpg

Look at Toce exhausts at the CBR 1000RR I saw one today on an R-6 looked pretty good. They don't make one yet for the Vfr but who knows?

I ordered a Delkevic SS muffler today. Hope to have it by the end of the week. Will post pix and a sound clip when it arrives.

Also heard back from Staintune. They said they would have a low version in six to eight weeks and are also working on a high version that won't work with the panniers.

Rob

If its the same as the 5th gen Delkevic pipes, expect poor muffler alignment. Pritty shocking on mine, I want to put an Akra on instead.

aokman, are you on ocau forum?

• Member Contributer

Now this is what I was hoping for! 359 euros on eBay:$_57.JPG

Very cool looking. Displays a lot of the rear wheel. Anybody able to find a sound clip?

I have contacted Gerhard Thurn; he will see if he can get a youtube vid made

Just a heads up- my Akra shipped from Revzilla yesterday, and according to the order system it was one of the last two available as of Sunday night. I'm sure they will have more, but just an FYI if someone wants one right away.

If its the same as the 5th gen Delkevic pipes, expect poor muffler alignment. Pritty shocking on mine, I want to put an Akra on instead.

I have been discovered! :unclesam: ahaah yes its meeeeeee

heh, cool. I'm there as AmB, thought yours was a unique name! A few of us on OzVFR mailing list will be down your way at the end of October for a couple of days at the island, keep an eye out for a Ride topic I'll post up once we sort our route out, maybe you can tag along for a bit.

heh, cool. I'm there as AmB, thought yours was a unique name! A few of us on OzVFR mailing list will be down your way at the end of October for a couple of days at the island, keep an eye out for a Ride topic I'll post up once we sort our route out, maybe you can tag along for a bit.

Forgot about the down under thread, will keep an eye out. My dad has a house on the island so I can get down there aswell :) Bike should be one the road in a few weeks :comp13:

Delkevic arrived today, just got home from work and put it on. Took about 20 minutes total.

smugshot_4993943-X2.jpg

With Panniers on:

smugshot_2899794-X2.jpg

smugshot_4525952-X2.jpg

Nice fit and finish, kit even included a tube of exhaust joint sealer (high temp silicone). Sound is nice with the baffle out.

Video on YouTube. Not sure why it won't embed... http://youtu.be/A1IxaarqwiI

Looks possible. The part number is: PR1375 VFR800W 97-02 LINK PIPE. The breakout price was $20 on the sales invoice.

Looks like you could shorten it by about 3" and move everything forward.

Rob

Archived