Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Audible said:

Oh, I'm sure my opinion of it will change once I've ridden it with the exhaust installed instead of strapped to the pillion seat in a box. :cool:

Oh Gawd, I'm so dense.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys.

After reading these forums and others I knew what I wanted for my 8th Gen. I decided that short exhausts look the best so I chose this one, a Black Widow. It really lets out that famous V4 howl above 7000 rpm and sounds great with the baffle in.  With the baffle out it sounds like the TT Norton of Josh Brookes. Fantastic. 

ps, I made my own fender eliminator/tail tidy.😉

P1010004.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010021.JPG

On 7/29/2017 at 9:28 AM, HareBrain said:

That must be disappointing! I'm toying with the idea of getting one, so I'll be interested to see if your opinion changes.

Otherwise, does anyone have a Remus exhaust? There was one installed on a showroom VFR which sounded good with the baffle out.

Yes, very pleased with it - Remus Okami titanium. Very similar in all respects to the Akrapovic but not as eye-wateringly priced. I work shifts and get on with the neighbours so my baffle stays in, unfortunately.

2018-02-17_3 can.JPG

• Member Contributer

I have a 14" carbon Delkevic (inexpensive but looks good to me) and bought it to save weight and get rid of the enormous and ugly stock Euro 4 monstrosity.  It isn't noisy with the baffle out (I don't like noisy motorcycles) but it does make a difference at low rpm's.  This is of value to me in very tight twists when in lower gears where it does make a difference in that the engine doesn't seem to "choke down" when going through and accelerating out of these slow turns.  Otherwise, it doesn't help performance.  Slip on's seems to be an emotional buy that one can spend a boat-load of money on.  That's OK, just now for me.  Slip-on's that lower back pressure too much can affect engine braking on some motorcycles.  Beware of this.     

Archived