Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

That's quicker than I thought, awesome. Black is what I wanted, so that's good to know. Price also went up $25 after this weekend, but still seems like a good deal if it's well made.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Pjcliffo.

That pipe looks the part on a Black VFR, and yes they sure sound good, has a very familiar look about it !!!

Nice one Peter.

Cheers.

Grum.

• Member Contributer

The Two Brothers SR-1 Race has great sound. Better than the Akro. You can hear the 2-4 valve transition clearly in the video on the dyno.

The Two Brothers SR-1 Race has great sound. Better than the Akro. You can hear the 2-4 valve transition clearly in the video on the dyno.

"Better" is in the ear of the beholder... er, I mean, listener. I quite like the song of my Akrapovic.

• Member Contributer

"Better" is in the ear of the beholder... er, I mean, listener. I quite like the song of my Akrapovic.

My 2 cents :cheerleader:

I too like the sound of the Akra, and agree with Shinigami 100% .

Unfortunately did not have the cash for the Akra and got the Arrow pro race,

put the db killer back in after around 15 000kms ( got too loud at low rpm through tiny french villages, did still sounded very nice at speed 90-130 kph, not too loud at all ) .

there is also a very clear change of exhaust note/tone when the v-tec comes in too.

take care,

rob.

• Member Contributer

Just a PSA, I think the difference in the black Ixil pipes is the endcap. Whichever I ordered is satin, I noticed most pics look polished. I'm good with satin, though.4c352cb51cff7caa2d21f7b258fce14e.jpg

sorry really don't like it. But like they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I still don't understand why they didn't cut the angle the other way (top pipe longer)....like the Ducati Multistrada and MV Agusta F3...especially the F3. It would look awesome if they lined up perfectly with the leading edge of the rear wheel, leaving the whole wheel exposed. I would trade my DAM for one in a heartbeat if they did that :biggrin:

I was looking for either that or just completely under the motor. I haven't looked closely, not sure if that's a cat or a collector under the motor, but if it's a cat, the muffler could definitely be moved out from in front of the wheel. As for the angle as it sits, I like it. The other way around would make me think of a cruiser, I think.

I could probably switch the caps around if I wanted to. Maybe if I'm bored one day, I'll try just for the hell of it. I already plan to sand the insides down so the baffles will go in and out easier.

Edit 2: The Monster is staggered similarly, that was one of my favorite cues on the new one.

• 4 weeks later...

well after some kind soul in a BMW drove into my bike in a car park and cleared off (CCTV caught it but not his plate) I now have a lovely dent in my Remus :( I am looking at a replacement but since buying the Remus there are now more options . The Ixil hyperlow in black has caught my eye (I have the black bike). My question is do I need the gasket as I had to remove it to fit the Remus and it was destroyed in the process?

• Member Contributer

well after some kind soul in a BMW drove into my bike in a car park and cleared off (CCTV caught it but not his plate) I now have a lovely dent in my Remus :( I am looking at a replacement but since buying the Remus there are now more options . The Ixil hyperlow in black has caught my eye (I have the black bike). My question is do I need the gasket as I had to remove it to fit the Remus and it was destroyed in the process?

Vtwindr. You won't need the gasket, agree with you the IXIL will look fantastic on the Black also looks good on the red. (employed DriverDave's great idea with the 6th gen VFR logo), contrary to DriverDave's thoughts on the exhausts tips being better if they were swapped around, I personally like the fact that the tips nicely line up with the angle of the pillion bracket. Overall I'm very happy with the IXIL.

Cheers.

Grum

Vtwindr. You won't need the gasket, agree with you the IXIL will look fantastic on the Black also looks good on the red. (employed DriverDave's great idea with the 6th gen VFR logo), contrary to DriverDave's thoughts on the exhausts tips being better if they were swapped around, I personally like the fact that the tips nicely line up with the angle of the pillion bracket. Overall I'm very happy with the IXIL.

Cheers.

Grum

Hmmm, just rang supplier in UK who says definitely need the gasket. When I took the OE can off the gasket was welded tight to the front-pipe and had to hack it away to fit the Remus which as a snug fit direct to the front pipe . The gasket was so tight to the pipe I didn't even realise it was one until I rang Remus saying their connecting pipe was too small and they pointed this out to me! (bit embarrasing that)

• Member Contributer

Vtwindr.

I STRONGLY dissagree with what your supplier is saying. You do NOT need the OEM gasket, other than for the OEM exhaust! All the exhausts I've fitted to both 8gen and 6gen never needed the OEM gasket, that goes for the IXIL, Arrow Pro Racing, Delkevic and Staintune. They all fitted snug onto the catalytic converter flange.

Vtwindr.

I STRONGLY dissagree with what your supplier is saying. You do NOT need the OEM gasket, other than for the OEM exhaust! All the exhausts I've fitted to both 8gen and 6gen never needed the OEM gasket, that goes for the IXIL, Arrow Pro Racing, Delkevic and Staintune. They all fitted snug onto the catalytic converter flange.

OK, thanks for that. Your experience over someone who is just in the office but probably never fit one is good. The main issue now is no-one has any in stock over here!

• Member Contributer

There is something not quite right about that. Maybe its the cone shape and looks too long. I do like the angle its swept up at tho

too much gap. not quite a high mount. looks more like a mid mount. they were able to follow the body much much closer on the 3rd/4th/5th gens and the superhawks...

Archived