Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

I recently installed the Ixil LX3 in black and it sounds great. Not as loud as I thought but still sounds good.

That's my favorite so far, clears up the view of the wheel the best. Does it have to hang with the passenger foot bracket or can the rear foot rests be completely removed like the 6th gen to totally clean up the rear.

And.....pics!

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another option for those who want a shorter inexpensive option. They have no listing for the VFR but they sell universal models, in the order you specify the outer diameter of the pipe that it will be mounted to. http://coffmansexhaust.com/shop/product/6000/universal-shorty-exhaust-color-specify-in-purchase/ .

Pic of LX3

Sorry its a little dirty but wanted to get up soon. How do you imbed the pic in the post?

Thanks.

Any chance you have a video coming? I would love to hear that pipe, as I am considering going this route.

Also, I noticed that L3XB looks shorter than the L3X. Is that the case?

Pic of LX3

Sorry its a little dirty but wanted to get up soon. How do you imbed the pic in the post?

Thanks.

Any chance you have a video coming? I would love to hear that pipe, as I am considering going this route.

I can get send a video if somebody can tell me how. I am not sure how to imbed it into this forum. From my understanding they are the same. I am not sure why it is listed twice on their website.

Thanks.

Pic of LX3

Thanks.

I can get send a video if somebody can tell me how. I am not sure how to imbed it into this forum. From my understanding they are the same. I am not sure why it is listed twice on their website.

Thanks.

Easiest way to embed video is upload to YouTube and post the link from the address bar into the body of the reply.

It was not the idea to get an aftermarket pipe, because the original looked ok. It was just the sound was a bit of a let down - you know people looking at you when you get on your bike, and maybe in anticipation of some wonderful Ducati-esque sound, and what do they get ? a bit of a let down really. Ok when the thing is on the move and into the revs a bit, it sounds ok.

So ordered this Arrow, with a bit of a bend in it to keep the gases of the luggage.

That original mesh heat resistant tape stuff was, er, in the way, so got left behind ! I am sure it will be fine like that !

New%20Arrow_zpsikqxqe3k.jpg

Pic of LX3

Thanks.

Thanks.

Easiest way to embed video is upload to YouTube and post the link from the address bar into the body of the reply.

I agree, most straightforward way to post video is as mentioned above, post to YouTube.

I too am interested in the sound of the L3X on the VFR!

• Member Contributer

Anyone know the weight of the stock exhaust? I'm trying to figure out how much weight can be saved by using different slip-ons; Akropovich or Dam leading contenders along with two brothers (no bags planned).

Also curious what the weight of the center stand is.

THX

• Member Contributer

Center stand, no exact number, but only a few pounds from what I've read. Maybe 4 to 5 including hardware?

No idea about the weight of the stock can. But I believe you can count on about another 5 lbs for the Akro slip-on.

Honestly I don't know if you're gonna really feel the difference losing 10 lbs that's carried down low anyway. But have at it!

The nice thing about the Akro is you maintain EPA compliance. And it looks like it does a nicer job of further evening out the VTEC dip too.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the input and good point about down low weight. I agree I like the Akro best all around. The DAM looks pretty nice though especially in that all matte black

Delkevic the one to get

27e2ae2ae8a397c7992b615ed146769a.jpg

Looks great, loads of positive comments from other Vfr riders, sounds good, quality appears ok, fuelling spot with or without db killer and chip as chips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Delkevic the one to get

27e2ae2ae8a397c7992b615ed146769a.jpg

Looks great, loads of positive comments from other Vfr riders, sounds good, quality appears ok, fuelling spot with or without db killer and chip as chips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stubby CF can looks nice... welcome to the forum!

• 4 weeks later...

Step in the right direction. Kinda undertail and completely showing the wheel. Now just a bracket of some sort to go to the tail and then the rear pegs can be removed, really cleaning up the rear. Or shoot...a bracket that mounts where the rear pegs mount...man I wish I could fab.

• Member Contributer

The Akrapovic looks very much at home on the VFR.

looks and performs as if it was made for it...............................

Well, I'd certainly hope so, considering that in some countries that Akro can is a Honda specified and Honda supplied aftermarket offering.

The Akro can is supposed to do a nice job of smoothing out the VTEC dip a bit more while gaining a little power in all the places you'd want it, and knocking off some weight in the process, thus winning some very valuable points in the bench races.

That can also has the benefit of being (barely - haha) within federal noise spec here in the 'States, or at least so claims Akrapovič, and wears the EPA label to say so, which is nice in places like Kalifornia and Denver where that label is the law of the land.

Generally speaking Akrapovič has been known for a long time for producing exhaust systems that give you power without robbing it from elsewhere and not making you an enemy of the state (or your neighbors).

• Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

Was there a poll on which of the major pipes was "your" favorite? If not, might be a good idea to start one. My favorite is the matte black DAM slip on for looks and the 2Brothers for sound ;)

Archived