Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got there in the end

11156365_10153423362883974_8418807763821

this is with the baffle insitu. Sounds nice at tickover and that lion which appeared when the VTEC kicks in is now a T-rex. Had to keep checking over my shoulder as I thought I had a powerranger bearing down on me. Baffle screw is spotwelded but I think I'll leave it in for now to be sociable

sounds good and looking even better!

Thank you for sharing this

This is the video of my Vfr with sc-project exhaust with db-killer:

https://youtu.be/pjA4K0KI8fA

Soon I will post also the video without db-killer :-)

Sounds really nice, I checked the SC website and it is not available yet , I hope it became available in the U.S. soon.

• 2 weeks later...

After payment there was about 4 weeks delivery not fast but then i didnt mind so much,season just starting here about now anyway.The quality is awesome very nice welds and overall seems good sound without any plugs in are really nice will try to video something if i can tomorrow

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really liking the look of the IXIL L3XB in black. It's also one of the cheaper options. I have a e-mail into them to find out if it fits under the factory luggage.

http://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-l3xb-black-hyperlow-xl-exhaust-honda-vfr-800-f-2014-2015/?page_context=category&faceted_search=0#.VYBLbvlVhBc

Not my bike, but a good shot of it.

KxjSlsH.jpg
b4k7pnS.jpg

Wow, that IXIL pipe does look hot, would be dynamite on a black bike. Had that been available when I got my TBR-S1R I might have considered it. Are there any clips of how it sounds?

PS, their demo bike needs a tail-tidy/fender eliminator. Want to suggest that to them for me so we can get our group order up to the minimum number needed for the production run? :-) :-) hehehe

The slash cut and pipe length looks backwards to me. I would like to see it with the top pipe being longer and the shorter bottom pipe showing more of the wheel (just like the Ducati Multistrada).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I agree, too long. It should end just inside the rear lip of the wheel or something.

Hi All.

After waiting 5 weeks and 3 days, finally my ARROW pro racing pipes arrived. Very happy with looks, sound and lighter weight. With the restrictor in they sound virtually stock standard, but sound just beautiful with it out, a nice deep burble and not too loud. As you can see I went for the Carbon Tip version the reason being that the end piece angles the exhaust gasses horizontally keeping the hot stuff away from the panniers, the steel tip tends to keep the gasses heading upwards at the same angle of the exhaust. The underneath clearance for the panniers is a little less than with the stock but it still o.k. Hopefully won't be melting panniers!! Cheers Grum.

attachicon.gifPA270408.JPGattachicon.gifPA270409.JPGattachicon.gifPA270410.JPGattachicon.gifPA270411.JPGattachicon.gifPA270412.JPG

Thanks for the pictures and the post, just what I am looking for. I wanted the Arrow but was worried about clearance with the Honda panniers, which I intend to get sometime.

So have ordered a pipe like yours with the carbon tip, for the same reasons - cool.

• Member Contributer

Hi Mattie660. Glad you liked the pics and post. I have done a lot more tripping around with the panniers on and have no issues with hot exhaust gasses or the proximity of the pipe to the panniers. Enjoy your Arrow Pro when you get it.

• Member Contributer

Check THESE out:

http://www.ixrace.net

The z7 is drool worthy!!!!!

They're not available for the VFR ...yet. I'm corresponding with the manufacturer. There's a youtube video of a set on a vfr too. Gotta do a little more research.

The Z7 sounds pretty poor in the video (see page 16 of this thread) but if as you say it's not available for the VFR yet it may be from a different model which may explain it. I prefer the look of the X-Pure myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived