Gutted Stock Exhaust Too Loud

C4cycle

• Member Contributer

I gutted my pipes years ago and it was a little loud for me for everyday riding. I bought some stainless steel scrubber pads from Walmart. They are in the shape of a donut. I cut thru one side and lengthened them to be in the shape of a tube. I stuffed them in the pipe using a larger diameter screwdriver. I inserted them 1 at a time until I got the sound I desired.

Super cheap fix and it really took the "bark" out of the pipes but it still had the rumble. If you don't like it you can always fish them out with needle nose plyers. Probably cost about $5.

My "stuff job" lasted for years.

I gutted my pipes years ago and it was a little loud for me for everyday riding. I bought some stainless steel scrubber pads from Walmart. They are in the shape of a donut. I cut thru one side and lengthened them to be in the shape of a tube. I stuffed them in the pipe using a larger diameter screwdriver. I inserted them 1 at a time until I got the sound I desired.

Super cheap fix and it really took the "bark" out of the pipes but it still had the rumble. If you don't like it you can always fish them out with needle nose plyers. Probably cost about $5.

My "stuff job" lasted for years.

Holy crap, this man has my solution! I was wondering how that would work out, now I gotta try it. Thanks man! I'll report back...

Archived