Should Stator Wires Be Almost "too Hot To Touch"?

BRad704

I would use the vfrness to provide a path way for current to the original rr location, since the rr is now plugged into the battery. Or at least that's how it is on my sixth gen.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

^^^^ Agree with everything that CR says, except on a 5th gen, VFRness not needed.

Why no VFRness on 5th gen?

If you wire the R/R direct to the battery, the VFRness isnt needed. I have hooked up both 5th and 6th without.

^^^^ Agree with everything that CR says, except on a 5th gen, VFRness not needed.

Why no VFRness on 5th gen?

This is a good question as I sell more VFRness for the 98-99 than all the 6th gen years combined! The 98-99 had ground issues, the 2002+ had + side issues as well as ground and the problem with the monitor wire.

I haven't personally used the other R/R's, the Ricks MOSFET unit has been very good.

• 5 months later...

Are you guys saying when I use Jack at Roadstercycle FH020AA R/R with the Superkit to not use the heat shrink to connect the R/R to the stator?

I am also not sure whether to go with the auto circuit breaker or maxi fuse?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm running the auto circuit breaker and my RR to stator connection is direct soldered with heat shrink tube and then electrical tape over it. Trouble free for a few years and 25,000 plus years now....

7ee23590e4700703e7e52cca3dd2d6db.jpg

Also add a vfrness and voltage gauge for added safety!

And the shitty factory spade terminal main fuse holder should be cut out and replaced with an inline fuse.

Archived