Ok Its An 8Th Gen, But What Is Its Name?

AB-Oz

• Member Contributer

I bought a lottery ticket, so maybe I can call it "MINE" next month.... :goofy:

Of course as soon as that happens , you will be obligated to ship it over here to show it off. ;)

• Member Contributer

If I win the $10mio, I will ship one over to the USA and hold a free tombola for VFRD!

:beer:

• Member Contributer

Just read a British review of the 2014 (which they call a 6th gen ...). How about naming it after the 2014 VFR800 VTEC Project Leader: Tanaka; or the Assistant Chief Engineer: Hayashi (if that sounds a little too much like Hayabusa, maybe use his first name: Kanji).

• Member Contributer

Sleestack...in keeping with the TV/Movie theme and the fact that the front "nostrils" are angular and it has big eyes...

th_honda-VFR-2014-005_zps848153a4.jpg

Sleestack_zpsbadd2ccb.gif

4th: NACA

5th: Klingon

6th: Origami

7th: Cylon

8th: Sleestack...

• Member Contributer

^^ That's it!

I remember sharing a snigger or two on the Big List when the "Klingons" debuted (which, ISTR caused so much offense that VFRD was established in response!) But now I quite like the 5th-gen's looks (convenient, as I bought one). Much less dated-looking than my 3rd-gen.

Ciao,

But now I quite like the 5th-gen's looks (convenient, as I bought one). Much less dated-looking than my 3rd-gen.

Ciao,

Really? You think so? I always thought the 3rd gen was almost timeless in it's design. I think it looks great even today.

• Member Contributer

But now I quite like the 5th-gen's looks (convenient, as I bought one). Much less dated-looking than my 3rd-gen.

Ciao,

Really? You think so? I always thought the 3rd gen was almost timeless in it's design. I think it looks great even today.

diito! the 3rd gen is marilyn monroe vs bugface 8th gen.. sheeesh!

antface_zps14c1a300.jpg

• Member Contributer

At the risk of being called a race traitor, I have always slightly preferred the looks of the 4th gen...at least since 1994! Some angles I just don't like on my bikes--the white wheels too New Wave, the front turn signals too prominent, and the frame too "heavy" looking...but it was never enough to get me to trade-in my 3rd-gens for a 4th-gen.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

At the risk of being called a race traitor, I have always slightly preferred the looks of the 4th gen...at least since 1994! Some angles I just don't like on my bikes--the white wheels too New Wave, the front turn signals too prominent, and the frame too "heavy" looking...but it was never enough to get me to trade-in my 3rd-gens for a 4th-gen.

Ciao,

so your saying you prefer sophia loren over marilyn ? no one could ever fault you on that.. :cool:

• Member Contributer

Ciao,

so your saying you prefer sophia loren over marilyn ? no one could ever fault you on that.. :cool:

I guess I am! :wink:

Ciao,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived