Staintune For The 6Th Gen - Another Major Score!

marriedman

Just had to brag how I lucked into this:

post-25220-0-26118600-1400104033.jpg

I literally had a ebay scaper/search going as well as a saved SearchTempest search, and I check the classifieds here and at VFRWorld. I happen to catch these just after they were posted for sale. They are gorgeous! Can't believe I found a set so soon after getting my '07.

So now I have the legendary farkles (8 spoker & Staintunes), is there anything else left?! :cool:

The two mods I'd love to have. I just don't watch hard enough for a deal. Good job!

• Member Contributer

Congrats! Traxxion forks and Ohlins shock. Works wonders on the VTEC.

The torocharger would be awesome, but no way would I spend that much.

I have Racetech suspension, but I need Jamie Daugherty to go through it and set thing up for my weight.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

It looks like they have the removable spuds. It will sound fantastic with 'em out. Man - what a deal. Nice job!

• Member Contributer

Do you mind us asking how much they cost?

Not gonna lie, I got them for a song - $400!

You truly are a lucky man... Lucky or damn persistent. Congrats!

Not to burst your bubble, but I got a little Staintune drama of my own going on with my 6th gen. Just something to be wary of. Seems like I'm not the only one either. It's well-known to the folks in AU.

I called and said "I need to talk to someone about a warranty issue on a cracking pipe."

He said "What year VFR 800 VTEC do you have, Mate?"

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/77857-staintune-removal-tips/

It looks like they have the removable spuds. It will sound fantastic with 'em out. Man - what a deal. Nice job!

Yeah, it has both of the spuds, and I will most likely have them out. Unless the PO had them in backwards, they look completely ridiculous!

Not to burst your bubble, but I got a little Staintune drama of my own going on with my 6th gen. Just something to be wary of. Seems like I'm not the only one either. It's well-known to the folks in AU.

I'm hoping I have the redesigned Y pipe, it sure looks like the one that bayarearider posted in your thread.

However it appears as though I am going to need some bolts if what I am reading on your thread is accurate.

The mufflers look like tension holds them on the midpipe, I was refering to the mounting of the part where Bandit01 said:

This bolt gets replaced with the one supplied with the Staintunes.

Mine came with no bolts. But the instruction I posted on your thread list the contents of the original box, so I should be able to get them OK.

OK, I got these bad boys mounted last night. I'm happy to report that they were easy to install. Nowhere near as easy as the 5th gen slip-ons, so I completely understand why they went back to the side mounted can.

What was the absolute bear was putting all of the OEM luggage mounting crap back on. OMG! Everything I have ever read about them is true! They are twice as heavy as the Givi equivalents and just as persnickety as everyone said. It seemed impossible to get it all back together. It took me from 4:30 until 8:30 to get everything done. Only an hour of that was taking everything off and then putting the exhaust on. The rest of it was screwing with the luggage kit! I took some pictures along the way to remember how things went together and 3 videos for sound reference. I will merge them into one video so that people can have a reference of what they sound like compared to stock. The pipes haven't been used it quite a while or some carbon came loose during shipping. A huge puff of smoke came out when I first started it up! It was pretty funny to me.

I also did the Pair, snorkle removal, and flapper mod this weekend. So my ride this morning was The first time I have got to ride her in over a week. I can't put into words how much of an improvement these simple changes have made. That pre-VTEC engagement is greatly reduced or gone. I didn't notice it at all this morning. The sound? Oh man, she sounds like a VFR finally!

I'll post the video once I get it uploaded to youtube later.

Archived