Starter Valve Syncing And Low Speed Throttle Response

Getting this back on track with the starter valves, I synced my valves per sixth gen specs, and while I was there, I noticed the vacuum lines had tiny cracks in the portion that slides over the nipple of the starter valve. I replaced them and also trimmed a vacuum line end that had done very small cracks as well. Then I hooked up my pair wire and put the flapper valve house back on.

Now, it's running a lot better. Previously I was running a modified fifth gen sync as stated here. My off idle transition is better and overall, the bike it's running well. The off idle snatchiness was improved with the show mentioned sync, but I noticed that when I was riding and I went to accelerate that it felt like I had to twist the throttle more than before. Dunno.

I still need to put the snorkel back in place. I'll Prolly do that tomorrow.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whelp it turns out the North America rapid bike distributer is about 10 miles from my house. So I took a trip down there with my recent eBay purchase rapid bike 3. They just confirmed for me what I really didn't want to hear... The rb3 is fried. Looks like I have to file an eBay claim and return it to the seller. FML :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Bother. That sucks!

I would expect that the seller would have known it was toast unless they were dismantling a wreck and never tried to fire it up.

Guess what? I talked to the dealer and all we need is 10 people to put down deposits on just the harness and the will produce the new Evo and race modules for us!!! I'm starting a group buy thread now!

"Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!"

• Member Contributer

Hey Jonathan

Good work on that.

I'd be interested in the Racing module side of things probably, dependant upon costs.

Keep me informed.

Cheers

Phil

Awesome thanks Phil! I'm going to head over to Cycle Pro here in Orlando in a few minutes to get all the pricing info written down. So I should have some numbers for you guys in a couple hours.

Okay so here is the pricing:

The retail on a Race/Evo harness is $198.00. Yaman at Cycle Pro is willing to help us out a little to make this happen ASAP, so he can drop the price on the wire harness to $175.00. The only thing that we need a deposit on is the wire harness. So I am first in line and will be placing a deposit for $175.00 and we just need 9 more people to sign up and place a deposit and production will start.

Now the pricing on the modules is as follows:

The retail for the Rapid Bike Race module is $590.00, but we are going to get it discounted to $530.00. The Rapid Bike Race module is self mapping and has ignition adjustability. So if you take into account that this is actually a pc5 plus autotune plus ignition module all in one and that power commander doesn't even offer an ignition module for us and also that this will have a much simplified design and harness versus a power commander with three separate modules and wire running everywhere, this is actually a really good deal and a no brainer.

The Pricing on the Evo module is as follows:

The retail for the Evo is $375 and we will have it discounted down to $340. The Rapid Bike Evo is similar the racing module in that it too is self mapping, but it lacks in the ignition adjustability and consequently does not allow for the pit lane limiter or launch control either.

Either way I view both of these systems as far superior to all the offerings from power commander and bazzaz. They both are self mapping with out the need for added auto tune modules and the both have full aluminum body casing unlike pc and bazzaz's plastic bodys. Both modules come with a full 2 year factory warranty. If there are any problems with your Rapid Bike Race or Evo you can simply send it back to Cycle Pro here in Orlando and they will Exchange it out with a new one for you free of charge. Being the much higher quality of the Rapid Bike 2 module that I currently own versus my old PC3, I do not see this as ever being an issue.

One last thing, When you guys see the software that comes with your Rapid Bike you will be truly impressed. The tuning software that I currently have for my Rapid Bike 2 module (that is now 13 years old) completely blows power commander and bazzaz out of the water. It has 3 dimensional injection and ignition mapping comparisons, multiple mapping by gear, and available gear, rpm and shift pressure dependent shift cut times for the quick shifter feature. There is a whole lot of other things that I am forgetting, but please go and Research Dimsport and Rapid Bike Racing to get a better understanding. I know not very many people have heard of them state side, but they are huge in Europe and other places around the world.

Basically you are buying the wire harness for $175 and that is the deposit. I am looking for the original official group buy thread, but I cant seem to find it.

Basically you are buying the wire harness for $175 and that is the deposit. I am looking for the original official group buy thread, but I cant seem to find it

I was looking for that thread too as I am interested depending on finances. I am new to this as I never had a FI bike before but I remember reading that there was a lag between the autotune and pcv in a tread awhile back

• Member Contributer

Basically you are buying the wire harness for $175 and that is the deposit. I am looking for the original official group buy thread, but I cant seem to find it

I was looking for that thread too as I am interested depending on finances. I am new to this as I never had a FI bike before but I remember reading that there was a lag between the autotune and pcv in a tread awhile back

Thread seems to be gone... I reported it to the mods...

• Member Contributer

Hi again Jonathan

That is good buying by what I've found from down this end of the globe.

You can count me in once the group buy is sorted.

Cheers

Phil

The thread just approved by the moderators. It is back up and running.

Here you go:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?/topic/78467-Official-Rapid-Bike-Race-Group-Buy%21

• Member Contributer

Just placed my order.

Can't wait.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

<sigh> maybe a mod could split out this thread leaving the OP topic of SV sync and start a new thread for all the RB2/3 poo.

I'm gonna resync my SV's later this month. If i've got time, I might try staggering them as per the OP but with O2 elims and flat SV's, I've been pretty happy with my roll on throttle response, lack of snatchiness and stead RPM capability in neutral.

• 8 months later...

I have a motorcycle carburetor synchronizer that is similar to the carbtune. I haven't use it a few years and it has spent those winters in freezing temperatures. Do you guys think it would be ruined from the cold or do you think it has non-freezing fluid in them?

• Member Contributer

I have a motorcycle carburetor synchronizer that is similar to the carbtune. I haven't use it a few years and it has spent those winters in freezing temperatures. Do you guys think it would be ruined from the cold or do you think it has non-freezing fluid in them?

Some use a colored alcohol mix others have oil... if it isn't cracked or caked it should work.

Archived