Before I Buy A Two Brothers Black Series Exhaust, Any Other Suggestions?

adg44

Yeah, but this was how it came from Two Brothers. The other 5 bolts were fine, just this one that was incorrectly installed during their assembly.

After going back and forth with Two Brothers, they agreed to send me a new system and I'll send this one back to them. They wanted to send me a new cap and have be drill out the rivets, and I said no way. Considering this only has 200 miles on it, I wanted a new system so I could just throw it on and be done with it. The guy on the phone was giving me some attitude at first and told me he'd have to talk to the owner, and luckily the owner understands customer service and told him to replace the exhaust.

So we'll see what happens once I get the new exhaust. It should be here towards the end of next week as they have to build a new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Hey adg44

I don't have a 2 Brothers but I offer this up for comparison. I have an 18" Delkevic stainless slip on and have found that when riding without the decibel reducer the exhaust sound is IMHO obnoxiously loud when under heavy load (ie accelerating or at high RPM) but fairly mellow sounding most other times. Once I installed the decibel reducer (looks like a test tube that is about 6" in length) the exhaust became dramatically quieter when under load and actually sounded better. The exhaust note was a little more basey and throaty. Not sure what the decibel reducer looks like on your exhaust or how it is installed but hopefully it provides you with the result you're looking for.

That is a sick looking exhaust by the way. The nicest sounding bike I have owned thus far IMO was my last VFR (a 97) and it had an M4 slip on (aluminum) and it had an absolutely amazing exhaust note. Deep and throaty but never brash or obnoxious. It never ceases to amaze me how different the exhaust note can become on the same bike from one can to another, and from a different material from the same manufacturer.

It is good to hear that Two Brothers came through on replacing your exhaust. A sound byte of the exhaust would be fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing from two brothers yet. No notice of shipping and nothing in my UPS schedule. Seems like they forgot about me. I sent another follow up email to Greg and asked what was going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A new muffler showed up today. So I'll need to remove the gasket sealer on the connecting pipe and then reassemble. I'm thinking I may just sell this and go back to the stock system, as I did like being able to hear the engine growl and not just exhaust noise. If I can find a Remus or a Staintune (new MSRP on a Staintune is $825!) then maybe I'll go for one.

Anyone interested in the Two Brothers system?

• 3 weeks later...

So the "new" muffler they sent me was damaged - big scratch on the front of the can. I wrote them back and they gave me lots of attitude and essentially told me too bad. After entirely too much effort on my part, I spoke to that guy's manager and they agreed to take it back and refund me my money (because I told them otherwise I was going to call AmEx and have a chargeback). So now I'm back to my factory exhaust and I'll likely just keep it this way. This was a huge, huge waste of time. And I'm quite disappointed as well.

I'd say you should've just asked for return/refund from the beginning and saved yourself and them all the hassle.

P.s. i have Delkevic can on my VFR, while it doesnt look as fancy as a TBR, its half the price, good quality, fits right from first time. :D

P.s. i can still clearly hear the engine growl when open the throttle on hard acceleration (to me the sounds more exciting than a loud exhaust note)

I'd say you should've just asked for return/refund from the beginning and saved yourself and them all the hassle.

P.s. i have Delkevic can on my VFR, while it doesnt look as fancy as a TBR, its half the price, good quality, fits right from first time. :D

P.s. i can still clearly hear the engine growl when open the throttle on hard acceleration (to me the sounds more exciting than a loud exhaust note)

Why? He looked around, decided on an item, and bought it. What he received was damaged. Why does that instantly mean he should have given up?

Now, at this point, after TWO problems, and TWO episodes of dealing with attitude from the manufacturer, it makes perfect sense to walk away. If they won't honor an initial purchase issue, how can anyone be sure they would ever honor a potential warranty problem?

Make 100% sure you get ALL of your money back, including any shipping costs incurred.

Why? He looked around, decided on an item, and bought it. What he received was damaged. Why does that instantly mean he should have given up?

Now, at this point, after TWO problems, and TWO episodes of dealing with attitude from the manufacturer, it makes perfect sense to walk away. If they won't honor an initial purchase issue, how can anyone be sure they would ever honor a potential warranty problem?

Make 100% sure you get ALL of your money back, including any shipping costs incurred.

Yeah, a company should always have a chance to make it right. Granted it took a lot of pressure on my part to get them to send me a replacement muffler, but they did. And granted they sent me a "new" one which was damaged, which just wasted more time.

We'll see what happens when they receive the exhausts tomorrow. I'll give them a week to refund my payment and then take it from there.

I'm more pissed about the amount of time that I have wasted and energy I've had to spend fighting this, rather than the fact that the exhaust was defective and then damaged.

What can ya do...

Archived