Before I Buy A Two Brothers Black Series Exhaust, Any Other Suggestions?

adg44

Two Brothers seems to be the only company making exhausts for our bike still. I found one site that still listed Remus exhausts, but I emailed them and they told me they are sold out and can't get anymore. Leo Vince doesn't seem to make any for our bike, either. Haven't found much on Staintune, and I've never been much of a fan of their design.

So, I'm planning on picking up a titanium black series as I think the black will match the wheels and the titanium will match the frame. I was going to go with polished aluminum like the factory muffler, but it kind of looks out of place, especial with the black caps that Two Brothers uses. I've only had Remus exhausts I'm the past, so I'm not sure how loud this Two Brothers exhaust will be. I hope it is not obnoxious.

Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Delkevic

Oh yeah, should also mention I don't want any Chinese made exhausts, so that is why I excluded them. They seem to be of decent quality, but just a personal preference.

• Member Contributer

Delkevic

Oh yeah, should also mention I don't want any Chinese made exhausts, so that is why I excluded them. They seem to be of decent quality, but just a personal preference.

If quality on the Delkevic pipes is a cause for concern, I can say with honesty that the fit and finish on the Delkevic pipes is top notch right down to the welds. I have an 18" Delkevic on my 2000 (polished) and it looks great IMHO and sounds fantastic. Has a decent basey grumble but it is not overly obnoxious. True they may not sound as nice as a Staintune, but for the less than $175 I paid for it including shipping, the bang for the buck is hard to beat.

When we purchased a 96 VFR750 for my wife last October it came with a polished 18" slip-on Delkevic and it has weathered 5 years and 35,000 km's and still looks like new. The PO was not shall we say, as fastidious (ok, ok, I'll call a spade a spade, I have OCD tendencies when it comes to my bikes) and the pipe was the one part of the 96 that stayed very shiny.

Just my 2 cents for the quality of the Delkevic slip-ons. I only mention the alternative cause just because they are cheap, certainly doesn't mean they are CHEAP, and I wouldn't want you to discount them based on their relative inexpensive cost.

I thought the Delkevics were made in the USA?

Regardless, if one is on a 5th gen, there is also Micron, Muzzy, Devil, GPS, D&D... and more. And, if you go the route that timmythecop did, just measure the diameter of your midpipe and find pretty much any muffler that fits. That opens you up to Yoshi and so on.

Now if you are on the 6th gen, you are pretty much screwed cuz there ain't shit out there right now.

Oh, almost forgot, I have a Delkevic low mount on my 5th gen for touring duty. Sounds good, weighs next to nothing and the quality was very good. I also recommend them if you are on a budget. If you are going for a certain look though, then go for the better known names.

I just put a Yoshimura R-77 Carbon on my 5th gen, as long as it has the same inlet diameter of the 5th gen pipe you can use any slip on. At most you will need a new mid pipe made, which any exhaust shop can do.

• Member Contributer

You can get a bare canister from holeshot.com as well or i see barracudaexhaust.com has some. Isn't everything made in china anyway?

My vote is for Two Bros.

I have had the Titanium Full System on my Y2K for 14 years.

Other than the rubber on the canister mounting bracket starting to tear and me dragging one of the header pipes in the corners.

It looks great and sounds amazing.

I put a Two Bros Titanium slip-on on my C-14 and the look and sound was stellar.

My vote is for Two Bros.

I have had the Titanium Full System on my Y2K for 14 years.

Other than the rubber on the canister mounting bracket starting to tear and me dragging one of the header pipes in the corners.

It looks great and sounds amazing.

I put a Two Bros Titanium slip-on on my C-14 and the look and sound was stellar.

^^ This one.

I have the two brothers black series in aluminum, I didn't spring for the titanium, on my 05 and it sounds and looks great. I get compliments all the time on the sound of it.

• Member Contributer

:1:

Do it and post pics, I'd like to see it! Personally, I like the look and sound of the Staintune, but that 2Bros looks really nice. :fing02:

Motad are worth looking at. Designed and manufactured in the UK to very high standard and customer care is great according to quite a few of reports I've read. There's a guy from Motad who's quite often around on teh forums to take customer q&a's etc. They do slip on cans (branded Venom) with stainless steel internals plus a full set of down pipes/collector also in stainless. I'm considering this if my stock pipes don't hold out.

Another alternative is Fuel - my bike came fitted with one of these and the quality seems very good. Another UK manufacturer. I've not tried it with the baffle out but the road legal sound is really nice without being very loud.

if you go on the internet search for DAMEXHAUST view their you tube videos they sound very impressive. I'm not sure about performance.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up ordering the aluminum black series. I was going to do the titanium, but it was out of stock at two brothers and it would be at least a month before it would ship. Will post some pictures once I receive it next week some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Exhaust came today direct from Two Brothers. Apparently they had to make it, so it's quite "fresh". I have to say they have the best packaging system I have ever seen. This is my first Two Brothers exhaust, and just from holding it, you can tell the quality of it. Also what I can tell is that this thing is going to be very loud! Hopefully it won't be bothersome. I had a Remus Hexacone on my K12S and I never removed the baffle as I thought it was the perfect level, so we'll see how this is.

Obligatory photo:

2014-05-30%252021.34.13.jpg

I'll install it on Sunday once I get back in town.

- Anthony

• Member Contributer

Congrats. I really like the TB on a twin and have never heard one on a V4 in person, but the vids sound great. They're ho hum on an I4, but aren't they all? :biggrin:

I recently bought a Two Brothers for my 2006 GSXR600. It had a rashed up Scorpion on it before. Don't have any miles on the Two Bros yet, but I've been happy with the sound and quality so far.

e8edavyt.jpgudanetup.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I put on the exhaust friday night, good quality system for sure. However, I do not like their V.A.L.E. system as it just seems like one more area where it could leak, and having to use a gasket maker for the midpipe to the muffler is odd. I know that by using their universal mounting system they can have just one muffler design and then only have to change the V.A.L.E. for each bike and this keeps the costs down, but it's just odd.

The exhaust does look good on the bike, especially the black series with the black caps as it matches the wheels perfectly. I don't really like mufflers where you need to use the strap to secure it, but that seems to be the norm for the VFR.

With that said, it definitely is loud. It sounds absolutely amazing - deep, throaty, and what a growl, but it's borderline obnoxious. It's funny that it has no drone while you're on the highway (it's actually kind of muted when cruising at 5k RPM), but in town when you accelerate, and when you are taking it to redline, it definitely screams. Perhaps I'm getting old, or I'm just used to the sound from my previous Remus, but this could lose 10db and then it would be great. I did a quick google search and it seems they have the P1 and P1x baffles (3-4db and 7-8db reduction), so I may do that if they will fit. Or I may just sell this and go for a Staintune. It's too bad there are no more Remus systems available.

As for performance, let's be honest, we can never actually feel any difference; it's all mental. With that said, it is a drastic weight reduction over the boat anchor that is the stock muffler. I rode 200 miles on Saturday and with my earplugs in is how I'd like it to sound to me when I'm riding without earplugs!

Here are some photos:

2014-06-06%252020.57.10.jpg

2014-06-06%252021.24.46.jpg

It definitely looks good, that's for sure. I'll post back with what I do, whether I sell it or I get the P1X insert.

- Anthony

Or I may just sell this and go for a Staintune. It's too bad there are no more Remus systems available.

There is a high mount carbon fiber Micron in the classifieds right now. It isn't mine, but I have a low mount Micron and it is very nice sounding. Not too loud and good quality. I have Corbin Beetle Bags on my bike, or I would buy it and use the high mount.

I ordered a P1-X baffle for the Two Brothers, so we'll see how much of a difference it makes, then I'll update this thread again.

Two brothers full system here. Awesome power, huge top end, Weighs almost nothing and is a little on the loud side lol. They're really hard to find but worth the trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to install the P1X just now, and when I removed the allen bolts holding on the end cap, the bolt in the 2:00 position was slightly stripped and the threads in the muffler look quite bad:

2014-06-14%252015.11.29.jpg

2014-06-14%252014.51.58.jpg

2014-06-14%252015.09.53.jpg

So now I'll need to wait and call Two Brothers on Monday and see what can be done. What a bummer.

Archived