Hard Time Finding Slip On

Abcdef

Since ive owned my vfr800 for a few months and gotten use to it. I am in the market for a aftermarket slip on. But recently in my searches I have only found 2bros, delkevic, and gpr slip ons available now. Did the aftermarket community die out for this bike or am I not looking in the right place? I see a bunch of options for the uk but they wont ship across the lake and if they do then it will cost an arm and a leg. Does anyone know where I could find a LeoVince or staintunes exhaust without it costing $1000+

• Member Contributer

Africord, please do a simple review of your suggestion...as it clearly states in your link that the product is discontinued and no longer available.

• Member Contributer

My advice is to be patient and diligent on checking eBay and Craigslist, and of course the classifieds on this site. I got lucky with finding exhausts for both of my VFRs off of eBay. found a very hard to find and gorgeous Akropovic slip on for the 5th gen on the cheap, and a slightly blemmed Leo Vince set of slip ons for the 6th gen like yours for around $300. It took me awhile to find them but it was worth the wait. The extra money that I saved payed for the Power Commander and dyno time to tune it.

Africord -

We're sorry, but this product has been discontinued and is no longer available for sale.

Kinda illustrates his point!

I haven't looked, but ebay is the only place I would know to search for this stuff and not pay an arm and a leg. Even then it's pretty pricey.

Revzilla only appears to have the 2 Bros VALE and Scorpion.

Dude, there are slip ons all over ebay and just do a search on exhaust manufacturers and visit all their sites, almost all of them make a system for the 6th gen.

BTW, I think the FMF system is awesome for the 6th gen--follows the lines and looks great.

Or just gut your stock exhaust and save all that dough.

• Member Contributer

The FMF system is awesome looking, never was able to find one cheap though.

• Member Contributer

Yep, check the classifieds here. I scored a near-perfect set of Remus for my 6th gen from huntingguns ... couldn't be happier.

• Member Contributer

I'm not sure why Revzilla would have dropped this pipe... I just bought mine from them within the past year for about $530-ish. These guys charge a good bit more but you may be able to just search Leo Vince and VFR to come up with other vendors and a better price. I absolutely love mine. The Delkevics are shipped from a local shop here in the Denver area at the lowest price of any after-market pipes but I didn't like the yellow looking welds on a polished finish pipe.

http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/Leo-Vince-SBK-Oval-Evo-II-SlipOn-Exhaust

The difference in weight from stock to LV's was amazing. I chose the aluminum finish similar to the stock pipes. The giant Leo Vince emblem shown on the pipes is an aluminum "sticker" that comes with the pipes. I chose NOT to apply them to my set. Much cleaner look!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just in earnest started looking at exhaust for my new-to-me 07. The sewing machine quality of the stock exhaust if killing me! I cannot believe how few choices there are for the 6th gen compared to the 5th gen. I literally can only find 2 Bros & GPR on fleabay ATM.

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

Wow, those are pricey! I purchased the Leo Vince aluminum from the same Motorcycle Superstore for $487.00 just 2 years ago. Now it's $713.00 and they are not even in stock. But hey, here you go, both in the mid $500's. Check Google for coupons on these stores and maybe you can get a %10 just for "likeing" on Fakebook.

http://www.indysuperbikes.com/product.php?productid=1678144

http://www.motobuys.com/leo-vince-oval-evo-ii-slip-on-exhaust-honda-vfr800-2002-2009.html?cvsfa=4058&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=6c656f2d76696e63652d6f76616c2d65766f2d69692d736c69702d6f6e2d657868617573742d686f6e64612d7666723830302d323030322d32303039&gclid=CKzL1I2pmL4CFW4V7AodZSYAwg

Well just an update here I guess, I contacted revzilla, sporttour, motosport, indysuperbike along with numerous other sites all stating There exhaust is all out of stock not to mention that Leo Vince discontinued their vfr800 line awhile back. So I decided I would try GPR from ebay, they had pictures of the exhaust mounted with the hondaline luggage so there is no guessing there. I was a little skeptical at first since there are only a couple reviews for the exhaust on vfr's but searching other forums they got awesome reviews and are handmade. Ill have to do a write up once they come in for anyone else deciding

• Member Contributer

Woah, those are pricey!

Yes- but I have to be honest they are worth it. I hunted around until I scored a used set with a few scratches for about $300. If I come across any on flea-bay I will let you know!

Archived