How To "dress Up" This Gray 2008

NCSam

• Member Contributer

Just purchased a Gray 2008 with ABS which was a must-have for me. It's a good looking bike but the color would not have been my first choice. However, ABS models are few and far between so I grabbed it while I could.

Very happy with the bike but I want to do something to make it snap a little when you look at it!

Any Ideas? I posted this on the Sixth Gen thread but was hoping to get some additional ideas on this thread. Whatever I do, I want it to be tasteful so no "wild" flames, skulls, etc.

Thanks in advance.

• Member Contributer

This is what my son went for but he loves green....be warned.

TCClass 040514 168

and his bike is the 2003 silver model not your gray.

Cruzins shark face is good for a laugh. :laugh:

Cornercarvers kids bike is not bad, I would have gone for red myself.

What about something like the red white blue Honda scheme?

Rad and black? :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Are you looking for a complete color change , or dress up what you have ? Nice accent colors for darker grey are bright reds and silvers , to add some pop.

• Member Contributer

Are you looking for a complete color change , or dress up what you have ? Nice accent colors for darker grey are bright reds and silvers , to add some pop.

Looking for ideas on "dress up" as you call it. Nothing wild. I like the idea of bright red - but what? Where?

There's someone here that did a black/white/gray combo that is awesome.

Wish he would chime in with a picture!!

• Member Contributer

THe wing on my sons bike is reflective black, if you like the idea of red with with gray (and I do) you could go with a red reflective wing with a charcoal or black shadow...

• Member Contributer

Cruzins shark face is good for a laugh. :laugh:

Cornercarvers kids bike is not bad, I would have gone for red myself.

What about something like the red white blue Honda scheme?

Rad and black? :unsure:

1st Lee... :tongue:

If memory serves me correctly (do no count on this however) I believe the bike was done in black/white/gray in the same scheme as the RWB anny was done.

I went back thru a couple dozen pages of the body/paint forum here with no luck.

• Member Contributer

^^ Cruz you can find a pic of the bike you are talking about by searching the Chinese 6G plastics for sale on eBay...they have knocked off a few of our VFR's there.

IIRC the seller is bliss star or some such...

• Member Contributer

^^ Cruz you can find a pic of the bike you are talking about by searching the Chinese 6G plastics for sale on eBay...they have knocked off a few of our VFR's there.

Ahhhh...this is it, or very close. For some reason I thought it was a one off

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-Fairing-With-Tank-Bodywork-Plastic-Kit-Set-Fit-HONDA-VFR800-2002-2012-25-W6-/271464130898?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3485e952&vxp=mtr

• Member Contributer

THe wing on my sons bike is reflective black, if you like the idea of red with with gray (and I do) you could go with a red reflective wing with a charcoal or black shadow...

It appears the wings on the tank are clear coated???

• Member Contributer

Ahhhh...this is it, or very close. For some reason I thought it was a one off

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-Fairing-With-Tank-Bodywork-Plastic-Kit-Set-Fit-HONDA-VFR800-2002-2012-25-W6-/271464130898?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3485e952&vxp=mtr

I think you're thinking of this one. I have no idea whose it is - just thought "damn, that's a sweet looking bike" and saved the pics. They did a beautiful job on it.

IMG_4973_zps0afd58a8.jpg

IMG_4977_zpsaa903bb1.jpg

IMG_5157_zps7a055699.jpg

• Member Contributer

Somebody at TMac (Monk?) had a 2008 with red wheel tape and red radiator screens. Just enough to bring a bit of colour..

Glenn

• Member Contributer

I think you're thinking of this one. I have no idea whose it is - just thought "damn, that's a sweet looking bike" and saved the pics. They did a beautiful job on it.

IMG_4973_zps0afd58a8.jpg

WOW! That's it! That's what I want, Now, if I only had the coins$$

• Member Contributer

IMG_4973_zps0afd58a8.jpg

WOW! That's it! That's what I want, Now, if I only had the coins$$

If you really want it, it's for sale right now. :goofy:

Seriously, I knew I'd seen this bike somewhere before, it's listed on kijiji.ca in New Brunswick (Canada).

Archived