Not Again! Another Deer Slayed! Better Outcome This Time.

• Member Contributer

:blink::3:

Really glad to hear that you are OK, but I think you should read the fine print on your deer hunting licence. You have exceeded your quota with two deer in one year.

Now, we can certainly understand that you might want to exact revenge on four legged forest rats, but it is a little hard on the VFR (not to mention your finger) to be abused in this fashion.

Take care of yourself!

• Member Contributer

I will be in Scotland the last week of April; will eat as much venison burgers and sausages as possible!!!

• Member Contributer

"Just" two. I want to stop counting!

Holy crap MaxSwell! Very happy to hear you came out of it ok! Where on 23 did you nail it?

• Member Contributer

Holy crap Terry, not again. You know Lisa and I have a little gift for you when we see you at the next hog tie. I will have to let her know to add another number to it though. Glad you came out relatively unscathed. See you soon.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear about your deer strike.......... I only read the 1st page, in case there were more ppl with their strike stories, since having hit one each bike/car. I'm watch for them, but it has taken a lot of fun out of just riding free, we don't heal as well as we get older.

Glad you're ok, with the exception of your bike and finger.

• Member Contributer

Terry, I can't believe the furry bastards got you again, but I'm glad you fared better this time.

Maybe when you have your fairing repaired you should consider some modifications:

1aweird-machine-gun-bike.jpg

That's exactly what I need. Where do I sign?!

Is it bad that Maxwell's Silver Hammer popped into my head?

Hammer indeed! That expression has something to do with my adoption to my nic-name. The rat felt the wrath of my Red Hammer.

:blink::3:

the fine print on your deer hunting licence. You have exceeded your quota with two deer in one year.

Shush! The MN DNR does not know I don't have a deer hunting linence. What I want to see is the F'n deers bike hunting licence! I'm guessing it didn't buy one and was doing it out of season!

Terry can you bring a bag deer jerky to TMac ?

:goofy:

Not bruised !!!!!

LOL! Bruised is the only way I know. One of the passers-by did mention "taking backstraps" whatever that is.

"Just" two. I want to stop counting!

Holy crap MaxSwell! Very happy to hear you came out of it ok! Where on 23 did you nail it?

I was about 30 mi. south of Duluth; just south of where Carlton Co. Rd 1 intersects Mn 23. The fire road number was 3574 if you want to retrieve the carcas. I've already tenderized it for you!

Holy crap Terry, not again. You know Lisa and I have a little gift for you when we see you at the next hog tie. I will have to let her know to add another number to it though. Glad you came out relatively unscathed. See you soon.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

Yeah; there was crap but I doubt it was holy. More like UnHoly. I'm wondering if I'm going to need to bring a shipping container to T-Mac, PNW, and Hog Tie for the awards, prizes trpohies peepl are threatening to inflict on me. :)

Monk, I brought up your name when someone offered deer whistles. If I remember correctly (fat chance) you tried one with no good effect. Right?

It is very en-deer-ing getting all these well wishes. :tongue2: (Sorry; I blame my daughter for that one.)

• Member Contributer

Wow, another one? Man that sucks! You know that your insurance carrier is going to tell you to stop wearing Buck lure if you want to keep your policy. ;-)

• Member Contributer

Put the bike down...

... and step away from the deer!!

First part: impossible

Second part: and never return

But I understand your reasoning; if I even see a deer pic, I shudder.

Thanks Auspanol

Wow, another one? Man that sucks! You know that your insurance carrier is going to tell you to stop wearing Buck lure if you want to keep your policy. ;-)

I just hope they continue to insure me w/o jacking my rates sky-high.

• Member Contributer

Terry,

You MUST be kidding me! You made this up, right? This is some kind of lame attempt at forum humor and you're gonna tell everyone at TMAC this was all a big hoax, right?

Sheesh man...

You can have my screen!

• Member Contributer

Terry you are a gentleman and a deer slayer extraordinaire! I am so glad to still be able to see you again at Hog Tie this year. It seems better for me to lead however...your motorcycle seems to be some sort of black hole deer-vortex... Seriously though, I am so relieved you are OK.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Terry you are a gentleman and a deer slayer extraordinaire! I am so glad to still be able to see you again at Hog Tie this year. It seems better for me to lead however...your motorcycle seems to be some sort of black hole deer-vortex... Seriously though, I am so relieved you are OK.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hey Doc, I'd love to follow you again. I seem to get better following your lead. AND, last year you spotted at least one pine rat that I did not, so I'll have that going for me.

I. Can. Hardly. Wait.

Guest Recalcitrance

Glad you came out of this one okay. Hopefully you've met your lifetime quota and they'll leave you alone now.

• Member Contributer

Switchblade, on 11 Apr 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:snapback.png

Not bruised !!!!!

LOL! Bruised is the only way I know. One of the passers-by did mention "taking backstraps" whatever that is.

The best part !!!

• Member Contributer

Switchblade, on 11 Apr 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:snapback.png

Not bruised !!!!!

The best part !!!

It basically runs along the whole spine from the neck to the hips and goes into the deer until the back side of the rib cage

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

While driving though a wooded area that is known for its deer population this weekend, I spotted one!

Remembering how my pal MaxSwell (and other VFRD members) have had run ins with deer, I felt a little payback was due!!!

Deer can have bad karma too!!!!

DISCLAIMER: no animals were hurt in shooting this.

Be afraid deer, be very afraid.....

post-8974-0-36305600-1413886525.jpg

• Member Contributer

That's hilarious Dutchy! That rat did not deserve a reach-around.

I'm going to paste a copy of that pic to my windscreen; to warn the bastages that there will be consequences! :pinocchio:

Archived