2014 Vfr 800 Review

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

^^ the pegs from 1:52-1:54 carved a nice corner....I like this video best of the Honda format test videos so far.

Like the guys gear too but makes me want to order my next leathers with "Touring Dept." across the front. :wink:

• Member Contributer

The jacket actually says "Racing Dept." but I would never assume to be racing, we are on sport touring equipment after all...stiff upper lip, cheerio.

• Member Contributer

The 8th picture in the viserdown gallery shows a low mount Akrapovic.

Aftermarket would be daft not to produce a high-mount pipe.

• Member Contributer

I HOPE a company can work out a high mount or a much shorter can coz that Akrapovic is worse...

Barf

• Member Contributer

I'll be trying one in two week's time so you'll be getting my firsthand review on here.

Must remember to take the SLR to get some good shots.

Would be supercool if you could pull a fairing, or peek a look under the seat.

• Member Contributer

I'll be trying one in two week's time so you'll be getting my firsthand review on here.

You're getting them several weeks earlier than we are over here.

Looking forward to your opinions & pics.

I've just spoken with my local Honda main dealer and they're expecting the bike "in a couple of weeks" which sounds rather woolly to me. Another typically poor Honda customer launch?

I've just spoken with my local Honda main dealer and they're expecting the bike "in a couple of weeks" which sounds rather woolly to me. Another typically poor Honda customer launch?

I am told end of May.

• Member Contributer

I am told end of May.

I phoned Honda Chiswick as well (largest Honda dealer in Europe apparently) and the guy had no clue and took a good 10 mins to find no information at all on his computer.

Maybe he was on work experience? :wacko:

• Member Contributer

Was not on the site for a month, so I just caught up on this thread. Thanks for all the links, pics, and videos, we have another 4 days of rain and +4 ahead of us, so that will keep the jitters at bay!

You bet I will!!

I have had this sneaking suspicion since the first photos started showing up and noticing that air vent where the seat, tank and chassis all meet, that the R/R placing has been reverted to where it was (is) on the 5th gen. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Wondering also if this 8th gen has an OBD Diagnostic connector like the 6th gen.. I have the diagnostic tool some Aussie company makes which Kaldeck sold me when he went BMW on us. If I had a magnetic tank bag I could plug it in to the bike and a laptop and get real time readings of what's going on with the sensors and fueling and other such parameters... wadyacallit?

• Member Contributer

Me too I am dying to look at the airbox .

It looks like it. On the Dutch VFR forum there is a message of a rider who ordered a red one and was promised delivery in April. He later got a message it was postponed until may and another call that it could be june. Now it is scheduled for cctober and he cancelled his order not wanting to take delivery of a new bike just before winter. He will not be the only one who cancels his order.

• Member Contributer

You bet I will!!

I have had this sneaking suspicion since the first photos started showing up and noticing that air vent where the seat, tank and chassis all meet, that the R/R placing has been reverted to where it was (is) on the 5th gen. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

I feel that's the only part which really detracts from its looks. Might also double as cooling for the battery compartment.

Two other things I wanted to mention:

1. Whoever buys one, please talk the dealer into supplying a free pdf workshop manual :warranty:

2. Does anyone know what this component is?

22913_VFR800F_zps0652633c.jpg

Archived