2014 Vfr 800 Review

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I recognize it... a bit further south from Benidorm... at least part of the route went through what is known as "La Carrasqueta"... a shorte section of curvey road that goes up a sheerish rockface cliff-like mountain side and which has hours of curvey mountain dragon type roads around it through the Sierras de Alicante in all directions in the surrounding area... I know this zone like the palm of my hands...

https://www.google.es/maps/dir//Venta+de+Teresa,+Puerto+de+la+Carrasqueta,+CV-800,+Km.22,5,+03100+Jijona,+Alicante,+Alicante/@38.5748857,-0.5046955,18z/data=!4m12!1m3!3m2!1s0x0:0xd65abfad91d6b13!2sVenta+de+Teresa!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0xd6229365904ba47:0xd65abfad91d6b13!2m2!1d-0.504827!2d38.574815

• Member Contributer

MCN give a very positive write-up. My anticipation is growing by the day.

I downloaded an app the other day which converts photos to pdf. Unfortunately it would be illegal for me to upload the pdf of the MCN report to VFRD.

Sorry.

• Member Contributer

Weight and cost simply...they claim to have shaved 5 kg from the exhaust...one of the undertail cans and a short length of pipe...

I wonder how similar the headers and subframe of the 8th Gen will be to the 6th Gen? The exhaust is the only styling change that seems like a backward step to me. I wonder if some of the 6th Gen aftermarket exhausts could be made to work.

The difference is the rear subframe is now alloy instead of steel. The engine and main frame remain unchanged from the tests that I have read thus far so conceptually you could bolt on a heavy 6G rear subframe, tail and exhaust to add 15 lbs or so back to the bike...

personally I would rather wait to see what Staintune comes up with in the way of a high mount..

• Member Contributer

Now I recognize it... a bit further south from Benidorm... at least part of the route went through what is known as "La Carrasqueta"... a shorte section of curvey road that goes up a sheerish rockface cliff-like mountain side and which has hours of curvey mountain dragon type roads around it through the Sierras de Alicante in all directions in the surrounding area... I know this zone like the palm of my hands...

https://www.google.es/maps/dir//Venta+de+Teresa,+Puerto+de+la+Carrasqueta,+CV-800,+Km.22,5,+03100+Jijona,+Alicante,+Alicante/@38.5748857,-0.5046955,18z/data=!4m12!1m3!3m2!1s0x0:0xd65abfad91d6b13!2sVenta+de+Teresa!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0xd6229365904ba47:0xd65abfad91d6b13!2m2!1d-0.504827!2d38.574815

Dragon, did hear someone say Dragon . I'LL GO !!!

• Member Contributer

Another short video review...

Arrow - I liked that video the best so far. No crappy background music so one could actually hear the bike. And no rattling of the camera like in earlier video's. If the bike is really that quiet in person, then they are going to be selling a lot of aftermarket cans!

I also like the way he ended the video, "It's a Honda!"

• Member Contributer

It's because they are using the same can on at least 2 other bikes; the CBR500R & CB500X. So it's just a cost saving measure in my opinion.

You know what? I don't think it is the same can. Because I rode behind my friend's 2014 CBR500 for almost an hour last weekend and the shape is different (especially the tip of the can). I'd also bet that the volume/size of the VFR can must be larger since the VFR has almost 300ccs more...

It's because they are using the same can on at least 2 other bikes; the CBR500R & CB500X. So it's just a cost saving measure in my opinion.

You know what? I don't think it is the same can. Because I rode behind my friend's 2014 CBR500 for almost an hour last weekend and the shape is different (especially the tip of the can). I'd also bet that the volume/size of the VFR can must be larger since the VFR has almost 300ccs more...

You could be right, I am merely going by pictures at the moment. They look awfully similar!

That dude is stiffer than a frozen squid!!

Wish they had've called me!

I could have written a review that would get wood AND sell VFRs!!

Some of us have wood in hand already. ;p

• Member Contributer

The bags and mounts look to be identical to the VFR1200...no surprise I suppose, already paid for the tooling.

• Member Contributer

The bags and mounts look to be identical to the VFR1200...no surprise I suppose, already paid for the tooling.

When you look at these pictures IT looks like the tail lights/turn piece MIGHT swap with the 1200. The plastic mount for the bags look like a direct swap too, the seat lock is in the same place,that would shorten up the tail. I'd be happy to shorten up my 1200 tail to look like this. I bet the 1200 wheels (rear) will swap with the 800 too.

vfr11_zps86f57957.jpg

vfr14_zps6097320f.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looks good. I will happily test ride it as soon as it gets to my local dealer, but the odds of me buying a new one are pretty slim. I am happy for Honda, though, as it seems like the mojo is finally back (even with a half-parts bin bike)...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Looks good. I will happily test ride it as soon as it gets to my local dealer, but the odds of me buying a new one are pretty slim. I am happy for Honda, though, as it seems like the mojo is finally back (even with a half-parts bin bike)...

Ciao,

I agree, went to my local dealer here in oz & they're expecting an early june delivery priced around $16k , 1 model with the lot black or white.

Archived