93 Vfr750 Engine Number Loc. Desperate

Hi, I'm trying to get my bike passed for rego, I've looked up the eng number location of the bike and I'm reading right crankcase cover above oil filler, nothing there. I've looked around the rest of the bottom end but can only see the 748cc stamp on the left side. Please help, I'm screwed if there's nothing on the motor. If possible please attach a pic so I can be more accurate, thanks in advance

• Member Contributer

??? Many, I'd thought most, countries record engine numbers as well as frame numbers for motorcycle registrations. The UK definitely does.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

here in the US its the frame that matters.

as for the UK.. how much more trouble does it take to register your new motor to your frame? i mean how many people people have put a gsxr 1300 into a 750 frame? or a cbr motor into a cb frame? and countless other motor swaps?

i mean you can flat out buy at least 100 different NEW motors just for Harley alone alone. :comp13:

suzuki motors suck so much i cant tell you how many rebuilds i have done.

seriously. the boss bought 10 blown up motors . and i rebuilt them. and when a yet another one came into the shop. it was.. " well you have a gsxr 600 .. we can drop a 1000 into that puppy " then rebuilt the 600 motor to have in stock.

• Member Contributer

Just checked, and yes, engine numbers are listed on California registrations as well...

That said, I doubt anyone will check the engine number against the documentation unless there's an "issue" with the bike!

Ciao,

Archived