New Yuasa Ytz14S Batteries On Ebay: $60 Plus Shipping

ShaneO

Question

• Member Contributer

I was looking for a battery replacement and saw another older thread discussing how the YTZ14S (ST1300) is a better choice than the YTZ12S, due to a little bit better CCAs: 230 vs 210. It says they are new and were removed from some Honda generators, so we'll see. At $60 plus s/h, it seems like a pretty sweet deal. They have 8 left as of this morning. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yuasa-YTZ14S-battery-/321360684416?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad296e580&vxp=mtr

I was looking for a battery replacement and saw another older thread discussing how the YTZ14S (ST1300) is a better choice than the YTZ12S, due to a little bit better CCAs: 230 vs 210. It says they are new and were removed from some Honda generators, so we'll see. At $60 plus s/h, it seems like a pretty sweet deal. They have 8 left as of this morning. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yuasa-YTZ14S-battery-/321360684416?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad296e580&vxp=mtr

Better cca's and allittle more reserve power. Ive been running the scorpion equivalent for the last couple years, It was around $80 new and free ship. So far its done well, but it needs to hold up to about 45,000 miles to see if its as good as the ytz14. The scorpion came with cheap nuts , so I have to transfer the nuts and screws. But I thought the $40 savings over the YTZ14 was worth a gamble , so far its been very equivalent.

• Member Contributer

Maybe it's not working for me because I am in Montreal...anyone have the sellers name? or some link that may work for me?

• Member Contributer

Being in Montreal would not be an issue (that is also where I am) so it must be some sort or block on the network you are using.

You can go to ebay.com and then search for 321360684416.

• Member Contributer

Something I found out the hard way:
One of the reasons that the YTZ14S is more compact, but has a higher CCA rating is that the lead plates are thinner than the YTZ12S.

In my particular case, I've had several that didn't last as long as they should have.
1 to 1.5 years, and Hawaii has a fairly narrow temperature range.

I got 42,000 mile off the oem 12s, I got 45,000 mile off the 14s, but the 14 just has a much stronger feel in turn over , to where you'll never go back.

Course it sounds like these are used batteries, pulled from generators, Id ask why? My Chinese scorpion 14s only has about 20,000 miles on it, so it will be a while till we know how it does, but so far been great.

• Member Contributer

Got one using the item number for a search....must have been some firewall here at the hotel.

Thanks guys who were posting additional info to help out.

• Member Contributer

how can they be new when removed from a generator? :wink:

• Member Contributer

Never connected.

BTW, I found a bunch of ST owners that got batteries from this seller with excellent results. One guy got a bad battery (Had a bad cell) and it was replaced no questions asked.

• Member Contributer

I just picked one up. My current battery isn't that old but it didn't want to start yesterday and the battery voltage is dropping to <8 when starting.

Received mine today. Looks like it is still in the original packaging. Popped it on a 1 amp charger to top it off. That only took about 30 minutes. Put it in the bike and it cranked over faster than it ever has. I am very pleased.

Archived