::: Vietnam - Father And Son For A Weekend Short Ride

Almost 1 month since this trip:

First trip with my son.
It's just a planned short round trip - around less than 300km all-in, for two days, from HCMC to Vungtau - a seaside city.

Rode from my house directly to the motorcycle shop to get his best fit jacket - sort of funny preparation huh - but it works lol2.gif.

Out of the city around noon time. Too hot the weather. My son sounds really excited and enjoy the trip.

Stopped at the lunch place:

DSC03198_zpsb6065d5d.jpg

Quite well loaded bike of us - and you can see my son's ripstik, his favorite playing kit.

DSC03192_zps0da6f049.jpg

Had a good lunch there:

DSC03193_zps9e9b66e1.jpg

See how we enjoy the rest time after lunch:

DSC03190_zps4bb5edaf.jpg

DSC03196_zps3cb68646.jpg

I think I had never had any longer lunch rest during my ride icon_wink.gif
We hit the road after almost 2hours since stopped. trustme.gif
Well, as soon as it made my son feel comfortable and ready to be on the saddle again.

Rode for another 50km, we had another stop, hmm, it's really short one, just around 10mins.
Look at his face, sounds okay, right?

DSC03200_zpsd94fa14d.jpg

Reached friend's house around 3PM.
Then my son soon hooked up with my friend's kid to play their things, and of course, without any health issue:

DSC03203_zps9b66af5f.jpg

DSC03218_zps95cdef0c.jpg

Friend tried my son's ripstik and he 's practicing stoppie:

DSC03207_zpsb7af1da0.jpg

Spent the whole night with friends and beers.

Spent the next morning with friends and coffee.

Then, time to go home.
Said good bye to friends, we headed back home:
DSC03220_zpsf73b5cab.jpg

As usual, another stop at the middle of the road, beside a small field, where we saw kid flying kites.
DSC03226_zpsd37982ea.jpg

Really fun game for kids:
DSC03232_zps124d2369.jpg

I still remember when I was shooling, play this all the time.
My son seemed love to back to hometown, where he goes back every summer:

DSC03236_zpsc152cb73.jpg

DSC03235_zpsf4ab0281.jpg

DSC03224_zps5bb870c8.jpg

• Member Contributer

Congratulations on this first ride, Trung. He is really growing fast. Before you know it he will be borrowing

the VFR.

Congratulations on this first ride, Trung. He is really growing fast. Before you know it he will be borrowing

the VFR.

Thanks Ed.

I 'd like to send him to a proper riding school, but there is no such thing in Vietnam. He really loves motorcycle, loves to ride motorcycle. But what I can do is getting a dirt bike for him and let him rides offroad first.

Nice report and pics, as usual. Great idea to have your son fit with a good jacket ... He sure seemed to enjoy the ride.

C

Thanks. Yes, he really enjoyed the ride. He was asking for the next ride when we got home. :)

Left the kite site, we went for rolling approx 40km more until my son pointed me some kids were playing football on the road side.

I turned the bike in for him to watch for a while:

DSC03244_zpsdbca0db7.jpg

It's not a proper football court, as usual and you can easily find in Vietnam smile.gif . And you may notice most of them played without shoes. If it was not too late, then my boy could jump in to have some fun with them:

DSC03245_zps320305d5.jpg

Nearer to HCMC, we had to pass the river by ferry.

See the long queue at the ferry:

DSC03248_zpsdf50b0b7.jpg

Not too long sitting still there, got onto the ferry around 10mins and got jammed like this:

DSC03251_zps7bb45cc7.jpg

Well, it was late afternoon, and on the river, so it was pretty cool. My son even did not need to take off his helmet.

Still have fun with the scenery:

DSC03250_zpsab16131b.jpg

Homed when the sun was already down. I felt good. My boy still excited about the trip and wanted for more.... And the mom, said nothing but asked him to rest. icon_wink.gif

DSC03252_zps4480cba1.jpg

Yes, boy, more to come.

• Member Contributer

There is nothing like having your kids join in your passion. Looks like a Good Time. Thanks for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

Terrific VH. Very nice to read your post, see your pictures and reminisce. Back in the 60's - 70's my son doubled with me. We almost never have the chance to ride together anymore. He got his 1st dirt bike when he turned 7 years old and has been riding nearly 40 years!

Your son looks to have great spirit and he's in good riding gear. Good for you Dad! Love the orange.

Good fortune to you and your family, R3~

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much.

I've just come back from a 3500km trip, and I have a big fail was that I could not persuade my wife to let me ride with my son for around 1000km.

Tomorrow I will get him on dirt instead.

DSC03956_zps839c170f.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Awesome! Seeing the big smile on your son's face put one on mine , too :fing02:

I second the awesomeness!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Archived