Spark Plugs

Burkov

• Member Contributer

Ok guys thanks. I'll leave these for the winter and order a new set. Damn expensive plugs though. $120 for a set of 4 is a little too much. I hope they fix the mpg issue.

GEEZ $120.00!! Keep shopping there are cheaper out there. Try amazon.com

The other day, I had some irids replaced on my chevy Colorado , with 124,000 miles on them. I was totally surprised out how good they looked , looked like a bout 35,000 vfr miles in comparison.

Hey guys. Here is an update. I decided to check for ECM FI fault codes. I got (i think) number 1,2 and 9. Those are map sensor and airbox temp sensor errors. I did cleaned them, started the bike and let it work for a few mins. Checked for errors and all was clean. BUT, when i cleaned the kn air filter i did start the bike with these sensors unpluged so my guess is that is the reason for the fault codes.

So do you know if the ECM goes in to some sort of safe mode and uses generic maps when there are some errors recorded like this? I'll put a video with the codes to check.

Edit: here is the video

https://youtu.be/xelxxtPirks

Judging by how bad my vfr plugs looked at 56,000 miles on them (the second set)(with no performance issue I might add) compared to how good my chevy Colorado plugs looked at 123,000 miles. As long as the motor is running okay, vehicles should be able to go 125 to 150,000 miles on irids. I see people all the time replacing irids at 60,000 miles on vehicles, and that seems to be a waste of money.

Archived