5Th Gen Carbon Fiber Dash Info

gig

• Member Contributer

I contacted CF-racing who produces 6th gen dash and accessories I’ve seen and with great feedback. Price will be approx $450 which will replace all grey cockpit, not black around gauges which I did not inquire about, thinking it would look good as is. if anyone is proficient at photo shopping, would love to see. The initial cost of molds would be an addition $450 which I don’t mind being the guinea-pig but would like to share the mold $ somehow if there aer any others interested. My correspondence with CF-racing below. Thx

Griff,

It is difficult to provide the exact price of the dash without having it fully engineered but I would estimate about $250-$300 per unit for the large piece and $150-$200 for the two small pieces plus shipping costs. We always recommend 100% carbon fiber because it will be stronger and lighter and overall better but in all reality if you are just looking for the cosmetic appeal of having real carbon fiber the carbon fiber/fiberglass product will surpass OEM plastics or fiberglass in every way. They both will fit the exact same - molded for OEM specs.

Thanks

Alec

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Contact from CF-Racing
>
Date: Wed, February 12, 2014 5:40 am
To: "info@carbonfiberracing.com
" <info@carbonfiberracing.com
>

Thx, last question, Once made, the price for each additional dash?

And what would be your recommendation, fiberglass/fiber or straight fiberglass. Just for fit and durability.

Thx again

From: info@carbonfiberracing.com [mailto:info@carbonfiberracing.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:07 PM
To: Porter, Griff 048

Griff,

We do not currently make the parts shown below. We can produce your parts in carbon fiber but we will require the OEM pieces and there would be a charge for each carbon fiber piece in addition to an R&D fee. Total estimated cost for the three pieces shipping would be about $900 for carbon fiber and fiberglass or $1,100 for 100% carbon fiber. The CAD engineering, mold creation, and build time would be about 8-12 weeks.

Thanks

Alec

-------- Original Message --------
>
Date: Tue, February 11, 2014 11:39 am
To: Info at CFR <info@carbonfiberracing.com
>

Item below is for 2002 -2005, dash I need is 1999-2001 picture below, size 10inch x 18inch, and the two smaller pieces 3x5. Thx

Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 10:23 PM
To: Porter, Griff 048
Subject: Contact from CF-Racing

Hey Griff,

Please see the attached link for the VFR800 Dash. Is this the part you are looking to acquire?

Thanks

Alec

Alec Bryan

Sales

D- 480.688.9766

alec@carbonfiberracing.com

www.carbonfiberracing.com

Like us on Facebook!

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:porter.griff@cha.sysco.com]

Sent: Monday, February 3, 2014 7:42 PM
To: info@carbonfiberracing.com

Subject: Contact from CF-Racing

Name: griff porter

Email: porter.griff@cha.sysco.com

Phone: 828-242-4459

City: Country

Needs: Custom Parts

Their Message is below:

have a 99honda vfr800, interested in getting carbon fiber dash made, can i send a picture of needed parts to get an est? Thx

• Member Contributer

That is insane money for a dash surround. I'd love to have it, but $400 (on the lowest end) buys a front suspension from Daugherty motorsports. I guess I've pissed away more than double that before on a Ducati exhaust system, but somehow that seems acceptable... IDK, sounds cool, but lots I'd do to the vfr first.

One benefit of this sort of initiative is that an aftermarket parts source becomes available for when OEM stuff has run out.

Body panels might be a better use of funds, though?

3M carbon wrap is a lot cheaper!

180.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hey, you work for Sysco? I work at Buckhead Beef out of Atl.

Are you looking for the parts to send to be molded? Mine is apart with no reassembly in sight for the immediate future.

How about a seat cowl?

• 2 months later...

Hey I make molds myself I'm doing my dash cover in carbon fiber hybird red and black it's time consuming but not really expensive

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

If someone was good and enjoyed wrapping might be an opportunity to make some cash on the side, sure others consider having it done.

Archived